Login RegisterFAQ
SydClan & UEGA expo
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
What do you think of having an expo together?

It's just an idea and I haven't even mentioned it to C/C members, but yeah...
By
Hey Dougo, always been curious, what exactly goes on in a CC "expo"?
Just looking around drains and what not? Trying to find new things?
Or is it just a general catch up?
By
That would be an interesting idea.
Scarecrow of the Sydney branch of the Cave Clan.
By
I hear they get drunk and chop peoples fingers off.
UEGA: Come for the lolz, stay for the trollz!
By
adm wrote:Hey Dougo, always been curious, what exactly goes on in a CC "expo"?
Just looking around drains and what not? Trying to find new things?
Or is it just a general catch up?
All of the above (including finger chopping).

I'm from Melbourne so it's slightly different in each state.
Melbourne has about 6 official expos month and a break for the whole of winter.

During the winter people spend more time checking potentials out across the state.

Most expos are fairly casual with people that have done the location before wandering along chatting while first-timers check out every crack and the photomatograpghy mob make us wait out the front for an hour.

There are Stealth/Travel light expos where things are taken more seriously and professional.
There are themed expos such as Maze End to End Without a Torch, Tour Le Dungeon (a bike race), Drolf (drain golf), among dozens of others. The Clangirls have some good ones too.

There are expos to country towns, capital cities and overseas - at the moment there are about ten Australian Clan members overseas.

Then there are the major events like The Golden Torch Awards, The Clannie Awards, RATS (Race Around The System), The Cave Clan Short Film Festival, etc.

I could go on but I have a 2 year old to feed.

Cheers,

Doug
By
That sounds really fun. I thought they were all creepy, finger-chopping aliens.
Subscribe to my journal to see random exploration photos.
Where are the cat emoticons?
By
Midget wrote:That sounds really fun. I thought they were all creepy, finger-chopping aliens.
I heard that most of their members are either gay, lesbian, transsexual, or Greek! And creepy.
By
Sounds like a great idea!
Any differences will be settled by a rap battle I'm sure :)
I guess the CCR would be welcome too?
;)
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
I've been on two and enjoyed them both. Its pretty much what we do on UEGA expos. Meet somewhere, explore stuff, chat, make friends. What's not to like?
By
I initially thought the Syd cave clan had died and UEGA was some attempt at resurrection (judging that we are most active in NSW).

Haven't been in a cave clan expo for nearly 3 years.
By
Story of UEGA... I looked around for someone active (Including CC) and had no success or response from anyone....

So why not, UEGA then began :)
By
What's your intentions for this expo? Don't be offended with me being quizzical just I'm wondering with the "thousand plus" members you have, why trouble with a uega expo with total inexperienced and potentially jeopardizing explorers when you can easily host an Cave Clan expo? I have no idea if this correlates with Cave Clan policy or not but I am aware they stop for winter as you stated earlier in the thread. Also for the very reason the Clan stops in winter, why would we have an expo with mostly inexperienced explorers? Is this recruitment? Or just an opportunity to meet new people and friendly explorers alike?

I'm really just curious. I like the idea. I have a few people in mind i want to meet with from the SydClan, but then again... skeptical.
Spades
By
You're over analysing mate :)

No reason. Just something to do.

I said over a thousand through the Clan not in the Clan.

You'd have to ask SydClan when/if they stop. They'd definitely slow right down.

As far as recruitment goes, the idea didn't even cross my mind (I'm 150ks out of Melbourne so it means little to me. There are people from UEGA in the Clan and there are people from the Clan on UEGA - it just made sense to me - I've always liked making suggestions.
By
Titan wrote:Story of UEGA... I looked around for someone active (Including CC) and had no success or response from anyone....

So why not, UEGA then began :)
A lot of people have said that. It may have been a junkmail issue. Or maybe it was the guy running the new inquiries before Scarecrow... he enjoyed mind altering substances :?

Anyway, at UEGA has come out of it :)
By
UEGA sure is different to the Clan, but it seems to work.
So far, all meets I have attended included no "noobs".

Initially, new members are encouraged to explore by their own means, and contribute to the forum, earning them some "cred" before being universally accepted, or taken seriously.

Anyone can join the forum, yes there may be 1000+ members, only about 100 of those have posted more than once.

More on topic though, caught up with the Bris Clan tonight (a nice bunch!) and keen to catch up some more. They were glad to meet and were interested about the UEGA.
Some good discussions re CC/UEGA matters, and plenty of beer.
Invited them along to our meetup this Sat :)
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
Nice!

We're all in this together ;)
By
dougo wrote:Nice!
We're all in this together ;)
Yep, it's a risky hobby, we need to stick together.
Last edited by Poker on 30 May 2013, 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
By
The Cave Clan in Sydney is far from dead. We like to stay under the radar (obviously), but that doesn't mean we don't get out & explore, far from it. In winter we don't do many drains, but we do lots of topsides (bunkers, abandoneds, rooftops, etc).

Just tonight we did the Tank Stream (a pretty dry drain anytime of year), & a nice old drain called Streamway To Heaven in the Eastern Suburbs, then we went out & chilled at Malabar bunkers till 2am. No joke, it was freezing, we f*****g chilled!
On Saturday I ran a bunker expo to Middle Head, we had 25 people there, was a top night.

In this sport, it is wise to be stealthy, & it is nice to know that we are doing our job well regarding the media & the internet when even mainstream explorers like all you guys think we're dead. :)

I have met a few of you here (even though some of you spell my name wrong), you know who you are, say hello, don't be afraid.
Blakjak of the Sydney branch of the Cave Clan.
By
So, when are people thinking of holding such an expo? I think a Saturday is best. Perhaps to a neutral / legal location such as bunkers?
By
La Perouse bunkers just outside botany bay?

Or a drain?
By
My quick take on the cc/uega matter.

Cc is and will always be the biggest group in Aus, no doubt about it. At the same time i never imagined that UEGA would get as big and active as it has become :) It makes it realy rewarding for me when people can say with pride that they are from UEGA, it makes me proud to know that new relationships are formed from being a part of UEGA, as from the very start that was an exact idea, bringing like-minded people together.

I know that we may not be as stealthy as CC but as preveously mentioned, people observe the character/calibre of explorers on the forum before agreeing to go exploring with them. This method doesn't put new explorers aside from learning about UE and keeps things civil/safe. Also dont forget about the VIP section where game changes once again and works as a triple precaution.

We are blesses that UEGA has not made it into media circle, but then again why would it ? The rules, conditions and our vision is there for everyone to read which mentions nothing illegal or moraly wrong.
I did have a multiple interview/documentary requests from SBS etc but have kindly declined as i dont really see a point/gain from it.

So back to the topic, if people from CC and UEGA wish to have a united expo im all for it and think its a great idea :) If given enough notice id love to meet few more people out in the field also... i too will enjoy cutting fingers off and drinking blood with the rest :)
By
The other thing I should mention that the Cave Clan may seem VERY serious stick-in-the-muddish from the outside.

Well from the inside it's even worse...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF8EM1xoQxE

;)

1 min C/C Short Film Ad.

(may not work on mobile phones etc...)
By
confirming. . . no work on phones. damn it lol
By
Especially for you Mr Tan.

Changed the audio to something YouTube wouldn't dare block... did they? :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz2pUIm1qjk

(Yeah I agree, hardly seemed worth it... it's a bit in-house and everyone loves a F--- joke don't they?)
By
Titan, post something up for Saturday evening, maybe Middle Head or Georges Head bunkers. Would be good to meet up with some of you guys.

Doug, who was that ripping that pearler near the end? lol
Blakjak of the Sydney branch of the Cave Clan.
 Post a reply
Go