Login RegisterFAQ
***** and surrounds
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Anyone up for an explore around **** sometime soon? I imagine it will be around the next few weeks. There's a few abandos which I intend to explore as well as a couple of tunnels which I will try and track down if I have time.

I don't mind exploring myself but it's obviously better to have others involved.
Last edited by theedge on 23 Dec 2013, 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just a harmless explorer. No need to waste taxes checking me ;)
By
I might be free for that if there are early and late trains, also depending on the day.
Subscribe to my journal to see random exploration photos.
Where are the cat emoticons?
By
I have a car and can do pick ups along the way from Sydney to the M4 so no problem with transport. I don't mind giving people lifts as long as I'm not kept waiting for too long. And frankly I don't trust the public train schedules anyway.

I'm currently debating if we should stay overnight. There's a few places I'd like to see there including a factory, some kilns, a abandoned shale mine and a tunnel. Otherwise an early start will be sufficient. Think it's a 2 hour trip to the factory. Not sure about the mine and tunnel.

Please also note that this will probably be my last explore as I may take a bit of a hiatus after this with so much energy involved in doing this stuff. So anyone interested please join in!
By
That would be nice, I probably can't do overnight, however I'll just take the train back if you're planning that. Depending on what date, would you mind if I brought a chick along? Trying to get her into urbex. :lol: But it's okay if you would rather not. I'd also be willing to pay petrol. :D
Subscribe to my journal to see random exploration photos.
Where are the cat emoticons?
By
Midget wrote:That would be nice, I probably can't do overnight, however I'll just take the train back if you're planning that. Depending on what date, would you mind if I brought a chick along? Trying to get her into urbex. :lol: But it's okay if you would rather not. I'd also be willing to pay petrol. :D
Public transport sucks here so more than happy to give anyone a lift.
I haven't really set a date as I'll be only doing it if the weather is good and if work is not so busy. I'm more than happy driving back to Lithgow station if you can't stay overnight and if I have plans to.

It looks like the shale mine is quite a drive from Lithgow and there could be some gravel roads. The mine is on private property as well, but the owner does paid guided tours every Saturday. I may have to pass the mine for now. I think the tunnel is doable.
By
Have you guys been in the old part of the arms factory?

I was curious about getting in there but it looked kinda intimidating with the new block part of the complex just around the corner... That's going off the top of my head, I could be wrong though..

The Blast Furnace is radical up there and doesn't require any type of finesse, as well as the "Love Tunnel" and the old dam.

Just as a heads up if you are looking for places.
By
Raddaz wrote:Have you guys been in the old part of the arms factory?

I was curious about getting in there but it looked kinda intimidating with the new block part of the complex just around the corner... That's going off the top of my head, I could be wrong though..

The Blast Furnace is radical up there and doesn't require any type of finesse, as well as the "Love Tunnel" and the old dam.

Just as a heads up if you are looking for places.
No but have heard about it.

Will look at the blast furnace if we have time. It's actually a park and easily accessed and also won't be going any time soon.
By
The Cave Clan has an all-weekend expo planned to Lithgow this month.
We are going to explore 4 known locations, & about 40 potential new locations like mines & tunnels.
PM me your contact details if you wish to tag along.

Binjuice, you comin'?
Blakjak of the Sydney branch of the Cave Clan.
By
I'm hoping to make it to this as well.
Scarecrow of the Sydney branch of the Cave Clan.
By
Hope to see you there ScareCrane.
3 other people here have PMed me to say they are coming along, one of them might even provide us somewhere to stay.
If you plan to come along, you need to RSVP before the 10th of June.
By
blakjak wrote:The Cave Clan has an all-weekend expo planned to Lithgow this month.
We are going to explore 4 known locations, & about 40 potential new locations like mines & tunnels.

Binjuice, you comin'?
Should you guys be talking about this here?

I live in Lithgow and KNOW ALL!

:D
Last edited by DarkClarky on 10 Oct 2014, 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
"What do you mean "Your'e drunk"? .....
By
DarkClarky wrote:
blakjak wrote:The Cave Clan has an all-weekend expo planned to Lithgow this month.

Binjuice, you comin'?

Isnt this a public forum..

:mrgreen:
By
What is a non-public form to post on?
By
Raddaz wrote:What is a non-public form to post on?
It's a secret!!
;)
By
DarkClarky wrote:

Binjuice, you comin'?

Isnt this a public forum..

This is an urban exploring forum, were doing urbex. And what we are doing isn't really that dangerous or illegal, we're visiting a few mines & other tourist attractions.
And I cannot see any specific details like meeting dates/times & places above, can you?
Get your hand off it Clarky. :)
By

Binjuice, you comin'?
Won't know tilln the last minute as my life is a mess.
By
binjuice wrote:Won't know till the last minute as my life is a mess.
You're not in a minority.
By
I wanted to come this Sunday for a quick meetup but will need to put it off now for another few weeks at least (depending on the weather).
By
Some photos from the recent Lithgow expo. Photos of the old Lithgow Power Station ruins, other ruins, a small cave we found, and the Lithgow Blast Furnace ruins.

It was a fun day. Great company, excellent locations. The cold wasn't even noticeable.

By
Nice pix bro, pity I missed this expo, but FNQ was good.
By
Great shots, Mate. The sunset shot of the furnace is sweet!
You can't walk along a barbed wire fence with a foot in each paddock.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/94677994@N03/
By
Thanks, Roo, but that's all artificial lighting. Too late for a sunset.
By
REALLY like that last one!
By
Fairly bummed I missed this one. #Javed #Joker #Jez we have to do this sometime
Spades
By
The blast furnace shots with the light painting are pretty cool. Probably the best light painted versions I've seen in a while. Too bad I missed that.
 Post a reply
Go