Login RegisterFAQ
Does anybody know the name of this drain?
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Hey guys just wondering if anyone knows the name of this drain..
I went on a solo mission today as it is near where I live, I noticed it years ago because we used to launch my mates boat there but only remembered it today.. its in the Oatley Bay area.

I saw a few Cave Clan references and saw the word meaty a few times so I'm not sure if it goes by the name meaty, hopefully someone can shed some light..

By the way that Eel scared the s*** out of me!
Enjoy..

Oatley Bay Drain by timatello, on Flickr
Entrance

Entrance just inside

Panorama just inside entrance

View into the bay

First manhole exit (not sure if it/where it opens to)

Graffiti

Room at the end of the first tunnel, had to jump the wall to continue.

looing back from where I entered this room.

10 second exposure and torch light (will have to experiment more with long exposures more I think)

Sitting on the wall

This bastard scared the s*** out of me.. Eel.

Another manhole I did not try to open

after about a 1km it turns into this shape and you start going under peoples backyards.

I poked my camera up through one of the grills and sure enough I was in someones backyard.. I didnt go any further at this point as I had to be somewhere else..

not sure where this led, it didnt seem like a very big pipe.

small junction room

Hmmm it semed pretty dry at this point to me..

Drain Selfie
By
Can't shed any light sorry.. But nice pics, that place looks amazing!
By
Nice pix.
I seem to recall it's called Another Drain, doesn't go very far. Petes Drain is 200m to the east of this.
By
had a look on the bunkerboyz website and its got this one as petes drain.. so there is another one in the same vicinity hey poker? must try and find it
By
hatboy wrote:had a look on the bunkerboyz website and its got this one as petes drain.. so there is another one in the same vicinity hey poker? must try and find it
Back in the 1990s, when the Cave Clan were out discovering drains, the height limit was 6-7ft minimum, & all drains of that size or over were all explored & named/listed. But now, people are willing to explore anything, 4ft, 5ft, RCPs that go nowhere, etc, so there are still heaps of drains out there, but they are not of the best quality.

As for this drain, the details are consistent with Another Drain which was listed in 1994...
Another Drain
Type: Drain
Zone: Sydney
Area: Syd-SW
Suburb: Oatley Bay
Description: 5.5' RCP drain.
Access: Western bay near boat ramp on ********* Dr GPS:[-33.98********,151.08*******].
Nearby: Pete's Drain approx 0.2km
Oatley Bowls approx 1km
Scarecrows Drain approx 1.3km
Humming Drain approx 2.1km
Como Rail Bridge approx 2.1km
Rating: 0-Boring
By
The cage sure is out of shape. Years ago you had to be svelte enough to slip under the gap. I can confirm that it is definitely Pete's drain. Poker is correct about the other drain though. Did you make it as far as the Chinese Dentist's Club section of the drain?
Scarecrow of the Sydney branch of the Cave Clan.
By
Nice pics mate thanks for sharing! Are those Scarpa boots you're wearing? they look very similar to mine.
By
Dynamite wrote:Nice pics mate thanks for sharing! Are those Scarpa boots you're wearing? they look very similar to mine.
They are actually vans switchback outdoor editions, the bottom half of the hightops are all rubber.. they are pretty good for this kind of thing..

I don't think I made it to the Chinese dentist area.. that photo where it turns shape is as far as I went
 Post a reply
Go