Login RegisterFAQ
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
So I went out exploring over the weekend, heard security patrol coming over the radio, so do ducked in a ditch and waited for them to pass.

It was a surprisingly comfy ditch, I pulled my neck warmer up over my face & I drifted off, however, the many mosquitoes around did this to my legs:

Which brings me to my topic of conversation:

Exploring Related Injuries:

I was once shot when exploring overseas, that's an amusing story, and a lot less bad-ass than it sounds.

So share some tales of PAIN & might divulge who shot me, where they shot me, and if I can find it; photos of the slug they took out of me. :mrgreen:
By
Just casually getting shot :shock:
I once grazed my knee climbing out of a drain :roll:
By
I was exploring in the forest some years back and kicked over a dead sapling that was blocking my way. Then proceeded to lose my footing with my leg outstretched and fall on the jagged spike of timber which went all the way into the bone leaving a puncture wound the size of a 50c piece... It did such damage that I couldn't actually feel it at all. Got a pretty rad scar as a result.
By
I once scratched my forehead on a bit of protruding metal, right down to the scalp! It felt bad but wasn't. I'm sure I have a scar under my hair from it. Other than that, just minor bruises.
By
I got wet feet last weekend :)
By
aydun wrote:Just casually getting shot :shock:
I once grazed my knee climbing out of a drain :roll:

:lol:

I sliced up my leg on a rusty bit of iron running from a security car about 3 months ago. Ow.
~ Windsor

My Photography: http://obscurepieces.com/
By
Fell through a rotten mezzanine floor in an abandoned factory. Luckily my arm caught a beam running through so I didn't fall down to the level below. Got arrested in the same building shortly after resulting in a night in lock up. Bad night that one.
By
Decimalz wrote:Fell through a rotten mezzanine floor in an abandoned factory. Luckily my arm caught a beam running through so I didn't fall down to the level below. Got arrested in the same building shortly after resulting in a night in lock up. Bad night that one.
:(

daaaym
~ Windsor

My Photography: http://obscurepieces.com/
By
I was photographing an old flour mill a fair while ago now and put my hand in a bad spot whilst trying to climb up a rockface, sliced my fingers open in god knows what, ended up stumbling into the city streets with blood everywhere and ended up going to hospital for some good old stitches. And I was alone that day, lesson learnt :p .
By
Nice, I climb a fair amount, somehow my hands have never have had more than a few minor cuts..

So here's the shooting story:

Out on some quad bikes, hunting, found ourselves an abandoned shack, checked it out, took some photos, a mate was taking a photo of me next to it, when I saw something, took a pot shot at it, missed, went to re-load, mate told me to look like I was aiming, when he took the photo I went to reload and take a shot again, the rifle was already loaded. I grabbed it (unsafely, I was about 11) and it went off into my finger. Stopped at the bone, got quite a scar. And I've still got the slug.
By
I don't think I've gotten any serious injuries, I tend to be really cautious when exploring. I've sustained more serious injuries from getting out of bed. :lol: However, I always seem to end up with small scratches and my jeans get caught on fences quite often. :cry:
Subscribe to my journal to see random exploration photos.
Where are the cat emoticons?
By
I was so desperate to gain access into a house I landed on my face, which eventuated in scrapage of the face and collar bone.

Last edited by Kto on 17 Feb 2015, 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
By
Jewellery wearers should take heed of how I got this injury. I was climbing some steel mesh which was covering an entrance to a tunnel. About 2 m off the ground a section of the mesh was cut open and bent back but there were bugger all footholds. I had a trial go at hoisting myself up and on the way down my wedding ring got caught on a piece of the cut steel just as I hopped down to ground level. It pulled at my ring and lodged underneath, ripping into my finger. It looked all weird and fatty inside the cut which was about 10 mm long and bleeding. I had to unhook my ring from the steel before putting a bandaid on and watching the rest from the sidelines. I always take off my ring now when exploring and I bought gloves to wear from now on too.
Jaffs on CC and Jaffs01 on Flickr
"urbex is not for tourists......its for adventurers" DeScent (RIP)
By
I've only really scraped the skin off that covers my protruding spine whilst walking through 3-4ft drains. It has occurred a few times. There are scars.

Oh, and I sustained a concussion in an abandonment. The hard surface covering the ground made contact with my temple at quite the speed due to the height I was from the ground and the way I fell. The sound was spectacular. I ended up being okay, but I'm expecting post-traumatic epilepsy at some point in the future.
By
Jaffs wrote:Jewellery wearers should take heed of how I got this injury. I was climbing some steel mesh which was covering an entrance to a tunnel. About 2 m off the ground a section of the mesh was cut open and bent back but there were bugger all footholds. I had a trial go at hoisting myself up and on the way down my wedding ring got caught on a piece of the cut steel just as I hopped down to ground level. It pulled at my ring and lodged underneath, ripping into my finger. It looked all weird and fatty inside the cut which was about 10 mm long and bleeding. I had to unhook my ring from the steel before putting a bandaid on and watching the rest from the sidelines. I always take off my ring now when exploring and I bought gloves to wear from now on too.
Oh wow I didnt think you cut it that bad from memory.
I got a few scratches on my legs from that climb but nothing as bad as your finger.

During a walk through some ruins, didnt notice a hanging beam and smacked my head right on it. Wasn't expecting it and next thing I knew I was on the ground. Mate helped me up and I was alright. Now I remember to look up as well as everywhere else.
~Aleksander~
 Post a reply
Go