Login RegisterFAQ
The Fortress
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
To my understand Mike "Predator" Carlton died in June 2004. Does anyone want to go down there and visit his plaque and shrine further up the drain in June for his 9th anniversary. I'm sure others know of a way in but I've gone in and exploring since I discovered a unlocked way in a few weeks ago...It would be nice to light a few candles and crack a glow stick down there for him. Write a few more words
Spades
By
Im in... always up for a little fortress fun.
Would be a nice way to thank predator for his efforts.
By
There was an expo to The Fortress last week, although it did not honor the might Predator.

Predator was the founder of the Sydney branch of the Cave Clan. Anybody who met him undoubtedly knew how smart & talented he was. You wouldn't know it by looking at him that he was a PhD. He could go from talking about physics, to smoking pot, & then back to biochemistry, he certainly made me feel dumb, & everybody who met him loved the guy.
RIP Pred, 1971 - 2004.

Predator's blog is available for D/L here...
http://lucazoid.com/documents/Pred-txt.pdf

It chronicles his life from the day he was diagnosed with cancer to a few days before he passed away. It covers many subjects including urbex, but is mostly a diary of his last 6 months alive.
It is a very good read, very uplifting, although I don't suggest that you read it if you are a hypochondriac. There are also non-urbex subjects discussed.
If you can read his blog & not shed a tear, then you are a harder man than I am.

It also includes his world famous Pred.txt drain exploring opus which many explorers claim to be their bible.
By
Poker wrote:There was an expo to The Fortress last week, although it did not honor the might Predator.
This a cave clan expo? That the cave clan still does expos is news to me. I haven't been in an expo since October 2010.

I'm up for exploring fortress, never been there.
By
I'm keen for fortress one time soon
By
By
ironmonkey wrote:This a cave clan expo?
I ain't been on any expo.
By
is everyone free on the 26th may? (details later)
Spades
By
probably, depending on the time of day..
By
Penciling myself down.
Stupidity helps you make the first step and sense gets you out alive.
By
Possibly free
By
hm, 4? or 4.30? (around low tide not that that reaaalllyyy matters) :p
Spades
By
Yeh around then should be ok. How many of us will be going down?
By
atm, 7 ppl seriously interested. I sent out PM to those people. Numbers shouldn't really be a problem but physical dimensions would be harder for those bigger than others...the. again madmaw did it and was fine haha :p worst cAse we pop the man hole
Spades
By
yep should be up for it
By
chrisyelroy wrote:Numbers shouldn't really be a problem but physical dimensions would be harder for those bigger than others...the. again madmaw did it and was fine haha :p
I'm not that fat!
By
madmaw wrote:
chrisyelroy wrote:Numbers shouldn't really be a problem but physical dimensions would be harder for those bigger than others...the. again madmaw did it and was fine haha :p
I'm not that fat!

Sure you're not kiddo :p jks ilyz
Spades
By
It's going to be quite show for the uninitiated, seven people jimmying down a drain.
By
By
HOLY s***

^^^^^^^

i gotta try that ahaha!!! EVERYONE BRING BOOGIIEEEE BOARDS
Spades
By
So is this on the 26th? I am interested in attending. And which way will we be entering?
By
Yeh 26th seems to be the day.
By
uhio;
Last edited by Shoe on 26 May 2013, 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By
Shoe wrote:
dougo wrote:Jimmying!? JIMMYING!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP9i6u5ZaoM

:P
The entry I know of is a bit tight. Anyway, put me down.

I think we are thinking of the same one...to everyone that's coming, offical details are

26th May______Meet at the roundabout outside the butcher, opposite the bus stop at the end of the hill
Come at anytime between 4:00-4:30, however after that we will be inside...for more specific details on entry and numbers/logistics PM me
Spades
By
Pretty exposed around there during Sunday arvo.
 Post a reply
Go