Login RegisterFAQ
That photo of a drain
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
I've seen Dsankt's amazing photo of a seat and lamp post in a drain: http://sleepycity.net/posts/31/The-Bris ... ake-a-seat

Any ida which drain it was in and where? I assume it is gone now? Had I encountered such things in a drain I would have turned up and concreted them in place myself.
By
That would be Checkmate Drain. Was just there today with a few other lads thinking about that great photo. The bench and light are indeed no longer there.
By
Lehct, your site keeps sending me to the app store to buy candy crush. I think something may be wrong. I did see one pic you lucky buggers. All i can say is wow!!!
By
But there's still plenty of lamps and benches available in the council yard above, if you feel the urge to drag them down there, along with many other bits and pieces. We should fix one of those rubbish bins down there, wouldn't that be a nice gesture by the UE community :lol: :lol:
By
Dynamite wrote:But there's still plenty of lamps and benches available in the council yard above, if you feel the urge to drag them down there, along with many other bits and pieces. We should fix one of those rubbish bins down there, wouldn't that be a nice gesture by the UE community :lol: :lol:
I'm hell keen for this. A nice bench to take a break on would rule too.
~ Windsor

My Photography: http://obscurepieces.com/
By
I feel like relocating some furniture myself. :D

Maybe the next council cleanup (of household items and general large rubbish), I'll find a few sofas and a nice drain to put them in.

Though I'm a bit worried about the stuff being washed away and clogging the drain further down... might have to find a drain that's dry most of the time. Or just a wooden bench bolted to the floor.
Subscribe to my journal to see random exploration photos.
Where are the cat emoticons?
By
We found a spot once that had several couches a little table and a... bong. hahaha.
~ Windsor

My Photography: http://obscurepieces.com/
By
I've seen a matress in Ghost Train drain in Sydney.
By
There's a drain south of Melbourne that has a rock climbing wall in it, it goes up and over. Quite good fun, although looks a bit weird when you're seen exiting a drain with shorts, singlet, climbing harness, chalk bag, climbing shoes and rope...
By
Nick wrote:There's a drain south of Melbourne that has a rock climbing wall in it, it goes up and over. Quite good fun, although looks a bit weird when you're seen exiting a drain with shorts, singlet, climbing harness, chalk bag, climbing shoes and rope...
Anzac? BigEars?
By
Nah, it's called M10 mini or something, have to look it up, it's near Chadstone shopping center, although I think Melb Water locked it up quite recently, last time I drove past there were vast numbers of workmen putting in giant gates. I'll snap some shots next time I'm in the area.
By
Nick wrote:There's a drain south of Melbourne that has a rock climbing wall in it, it goes up and over. Quite good fun, although looks a bit weird when you're seen exiting a drain with shorts, singlet, climbing harness, chalk bag, climbing shoes and rope...
That sounds utterly epic.
Subscribe to my journal to see random exploration photos.
Where are the cat emoticons?
By
Nick wrote:Nah, it's called M10 mini or something, have to look it up, it's near Chadstone shopping center, although I think Melb Water locked it up quite recently, last time I drove past there were vast numbers of workmen putting in giant gates. I'll snap some shots next time I'm in the area.
please do, because I'm pretty sure that they were actually removing the gates
By
Nick wrote:Nah, it's called M10 mini or something, have to look it up, it's near Chadstone shopping center, although I think Melb Water locked it up quite recently, last time I drove past there were vast numbers of workmen putting in giant gates. I'll snap some shots next time I'm in the area.
Ahh, this drain:
http://www.uer.ca/urbanadventure/www.ur ... ndrive.htm
By
seems as good a place as any to play Name That Drain, is this one actually in Brisbane? Bottom right of linked page says yes, but don't think i've seen anything that shape/wide here, very happy to proved wrong in this case. though it's pretty old and could have been altered since?

Cracking up by cohort_33, on Flickr
By
I reckon I know where it is, if I'm right I've never seen it as water free
By
My first thought was Aquacave.
Scarecrow of the Sydney branch of the Cave Clan.
By
The shape is spot on for downstream aquacave but the walls don't look right - they're smooth in the photo, not like the rough brisbane tuff stone. Looks unfamiliar to me with that lighting.
By
Ah, reminded me of one I stumbled across and dubbed "Catfish Drain".
Twin culverts, of different shapes.
In this pic, the left one could be the shape of the one in no+pros' pic.

A few more pics in here.
Have one inside the (right) culvert there, which is a strange shape again. Will have to check my archives, see if I have pics of the (left) one.
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
Also, does anyone recognise "catfish drain"?
Does it have another name?
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
Nuggs wrote:Also, does anyone recognise "catfish drain"?
Does it have another name?

This is a lil' further up. Nothing for scale but it's pretty low.
I think they installed the tunnels sideways.
By
That pic I posted, could it be ekwelesotika? Will have a scour of a website perhaps
Does catfish drain have any non-concrete bits?
By
Dont mind me, thats it, problem solvered. Anyone in here been in there?
By
No+Pro wrote:Does catfish drain have any non-concrete bits?
Not that I know of. I don't think the area would be old enough to incorporate brick or stone.
Mind you it seems to go a long way, and I've only done the first couple hundred metres.
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
No+Pro wrote:Dont mind me, thats it, problem solvered. Anyone in here been in there?
Have not done E'sotica. Looks interesting, just never seem to pass through that area!
Might head over there when this weather clears up :)
acually is nuggs
My Explores
 Post a reply
Go