Login RegisterFAQ
Bris Tour 2 - 20/4/13
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Suggestions welcome for a meeting point.
Somewhere public, then we'll go from there.
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
Ill be in harvey bay that weekend darn it.
By
Barnz wrote:Ill be in harvey bay that weekend darn it.
Perhaps postponage/another trip the week after would be a good idea? Depending on others, that is.
By
Sounds good to me lads!
~ Windsor

My Photography: http://obscurepieces.com/
By
Bugger!
I'll be in Adelaide the weekend after the 20th.

Just thought I'd stick a date out there and commit, though I do understand not everyone will be able to attend every meet.
There were at least two keen, in the other thread.
If there is not much interest in the 20th, it might lose the title of "Bris Tour", and just be a bit of a meet up.
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
I'm in on the 20th, look forward to it.
By
Stick to the 20th fellas im not fussed if i cant attend, ill be happy just to see the pics.
By
I can do whatever the majority is up for. I might just have to meet up somewhere near a train since I got me license suspended :cry:
By
I'm in
where's good to meet?
By
Up for some abandonments as well as drains this time lads?
~ Windsor

By
mpi wrote:Up for some abandonments as well as drains this time lads?
Sure!
If you have a good site or two in mind, we'll meet up nearby somewhere.
No caravan parks or mental asylums though, that's sooooo last year!

Thinking of a big site in the (Morningside?) area. Though I don't know much about it.
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
Nuggs wrote:
mpi wrote: No caravan parks or mental asylums though, that's sooooo last year!

Thinking of a big site in the (Morningside?) area. Though I don't know much about it.
Yeah that place rules, tho last time we visited there was some work going on there and also there's an active theatre group that operates out of the only non-dilapidated building. Still could be worth a look though. There's always this place too:

It's very easy to get into, it's on the Northside.

There's also an old factory again on the north side that would be fun to revisit during the day. Not sure what other stuff is about group of fella's during the day could get away with unseen.

I'd be really keen to check out Waa too - one of the bigger drains I've not yet seen.
~ Windsor

By
Waa is pretty cool, especially exiting onto the street via manhole and observing the incrudelous looks on everyone's face at the cab rank :lol: I'm intrigued by this morningside abandonment, used to work over that way for several years and don't recall spotting anything interesting.
By
~ Windsor

By
Alright.
I'm not available until 1pm.
At that time, I'll say meet at Banchory Ct, Carindale.
A couple of neat little underground sites nearby. Just park, then loiter near the roundabout, and we'll go from there.

If anyone wants to start earlier at other sites, go for it, as long as you meet me here at this time :)
I really only know of underground sites, so if you'd like to think of some topside places we could check out, that'd be great, and we'll discuss at meetup.

Cheers.
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
Good on you Nuggs - ever the getter-doneerer! See you then mate.
~ Windsor

By
mpi wrote:Good on you Nuggs - ever the getter-doneerer! See you then mate.
Haha, cheers!
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
Likely to attend, afaik:

lehct_
Dynamite
faithinfate84
mpi
Nuggs
MercuryFlow

Anyone else?
All welcome!
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
Sorry to leave it to the eleventh hour Nuggs but I'll have to pull the pin on tomorrow. Barnz and I had a full day explore today and now I've got me a sore back and some very wet boots lol!
I might just add it was an extremely productive day..

1. Made it to the birdcage. Looks from the odd passersby was priceless

2. Cbd darkie from entry to outfall and back again, no part left unexplored (This is where the back pain begins ;) ) And cue more priceless dafuq?? looks from people

3. Possible bridegroom CONFIRMED. about a 30 second peek each and out again, this is a night mission only. A few precautions needed to pull this one off.

4. Moorooka drain done n dusted. We were surprised how quick this one shrunk, as the outfall is big enough to sail the titanic through

5. Two abandonments I've had my eye on scoped out again, confirmed no new activity. Locked down tight but I've got a few ideas on entry points we'll just have to see when the timings right.

6. And another technically 'Abandonment' that Barnz was able to finally point out to me (Turns out I've passed in very close proximity, I swear I'm going blind) Which, if the rumours are true, and our proposed method of access gets us in, well all I can say is it ought to be an absolute show stopper... And that is all I have to say about THAT :twisted:

Best of luck tomorrow guys and stay safe!

P.S mods if you would like to snip and or move this to a more appropriate thread please do so, just felt I owed a good reason for my absence tomorrow. And maybe just to rub it in a little :lol:
By
Bugger you can't come along!

Wow, nice work there.
Bridgeroom? I'm interested :D
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
It was a great thing to behold I'll say!! would have loved to check it out in all its glory but there's something about open manholes in daylight on a bridge that might just get us busted :lol:
Tell ya what though, if you're keen to check out my local drain tomorrow as part of the tour (I think I sent you the details some time ago?) I'd be happy to show up for that, would be a good opportunity to meet up with the group and discuss your findings for the day! Pm me if you're likely to come by my way and I can meet with you guys there.
By
Sounds good!
Will let you know if we get over that way.
Cheers.
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
NOOOOOOOOOO I cant believe I've been off the site for a week and I missed this :(

I'm not far from Carindale and would have been up for it! Damnit :@

Oh well.. maybe next time

I'm very devo
By
Poor Moose :(
~ Windsor

By
Sorry I missed it guys, I came down pretty sick Saturday morning. Hope you all had a great trek though :)
 Post a reply
Go