Login RegisterFAQ
Central coast explore
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
I'm planning to head up to the central coast this long weekend and move on past newcastle to look at either a few abandonments or rail tunnels before going back to check the jetty on my return to Sydney.

This will be a two day explore starting with Newcastle (to pick up anyone who is interested) on early Sunday morning before heading north either past Forster or Cessnock depending on time (sorry, not giving the exact towns or places - I'll mention it on the day or you can PM me)

Anyone interested?
Just a harmless explorer. No need to waste taxes checking me ;)
By
Due to the weather forecast, unfortunately I may need to cancel this one.

BTW: Please PM if you live near Forster. I need to find out the status of some abandonments as it's a 4 hour drive for me.

I will gladly exchange any urbex info in return for details about the places I was going to visit :)
By
Please keep us posted if you do go :)
By
Titan wrote:Please keep us posted if you do go :)
Ok I'm still going but will leave tomorrow to Newcastle. I was planning on camping tonight near Newcastle but decided not to.

As a result, I won't be doing a pickup from Newcastle since I'll be cramming lots in due to the delayed depature. It will be another self urbex tour for me.

I'll keep everyone posted.
By
Due to the flood warnings in Mid NSW coast I decided to steer clear and headed home. But I did do a couple of explores and scouting within Newcastle/Lake Macquarie and north of Sydney although it was pretty hard and wet.

I will need to ask the tourist board in Forster* if those places are still there. A couple of hints for those who have time to search on Google maps:
1. Those places are actually some factories which recently closed.
2. They sit on one of the rivers which had a flood warning.

* Not the exact location. I will give anyone the exact location if you are willing to drive up there and provide intel :)
 Post a reply
Go