Login RegisterFAQ
Biggest Brisbane chamber junction etc?
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
So just interested to know, Has anyone been casually draining along under bris and found anything jaw dropping as far as size goes? I'm talking huge junctions and chambers, anything with multiple levels etc that was just epic? I'd love to hear about it. Not asking for locations but if you feel like dropping me a pm hint I'm all ears. Would love to see some photos of your best finds!
By
In a pretty well known location, but I only saw this on my last visit, because I happened to look up whilst walking. Not sure how high, but you certainly wouldn't want to fall down that manhole :P
By
Yeah probably best not to pop that one!! Did Barnz tell you we found the 'Chimney' last night? I walked straight past the entry to it! too intrigued by the rushing water up ahead.
By
Nice work, if its what I think it is :P! So it did actually rain in the city I take it lol? I really should have come along anyway.. It was pouring down my way though.
By
Yeah it was on and off but really nothing more than drizzle. Certainly kept us watching the sky\radar at every opportunity though. We were chilling out having a smoke up past the chimney where the 4 big gate flaps are when we heard the ominous sound of water rushing something fierce. Made my blood run cold for a moment there lol... But after the noise stopped and we carried on there was no real evidence of any serious amount of water having passed through, Amazing how the sound carries. You likely to be free next weekend? I'm keen to hit it out for the night again weather permitting.
By
Haha, know that feel. That place seems to have so many pressure release valves, or whatever causes the sporadic flows.. Got caught out twice on my last visit, both times in different spots, and both ended up being nothing.
I'd be keen Friday night. Because Saturday night, being Australia day and all, I probably won't be in a good state for draining :P
By
Upstream in Brain has two of the biggest chamber/junctions I've seen.

1. Courtesy of Aydun:

2. And one of mine.
Actually a chamber, though the massive grate inlet overhead gives the place a real open feel:
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
Man those look great! Love the ceiling fan =) Hmmm brain doesn't ring any bells though, is it anywhere near the city?
By
Dynamite wrote:Man those look great! Love the ceiling fan =) Hmmm brain doesn't ring any bells though, is it anywhere near the city?
About 10km from the city.
'Neath some shops.
By
Hmmm i'll have to think over that for a while then. Very intriguing stuff!
By
:­)
The outfall is very easy to spot on Google Earth.
Also, there is plenty of easily accessible info around to help find this one.
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
Accommodator is the biggest thing I've been in I reckon. It's f*****g huge and awesome.
~ Windsor

My Photography: http://obscurepieces.com/
By
I've seen some pics of that actually, it looks massive alright.
By
Zorga's Tomb in Adelaide has the widest split that I've seen in Australia... that I can remember anyway.
By
It's probaby a bit wider than the split just inside Dungeon.

There's a big split in Tommy's Hole but that's really just an underpass.
By
I would think that would kind of pale in comparrison to the chamber in ANZAC, or either the Deathstar or Dredanaught or even the Duckstar. Mind you Dred 2 is bigger even though it is not a drain, but it is underground.
"Oh! That's YOUR web site!" ... "Yep, that one." http://www.uer.ca/urbanadventure/www.ur ... windex.htm
And read the damn Newbies FAQ and guide to writing a first post! viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4257&p=40693
By
Any one know how to get into dreadnuaght I know you where it is
By
Thebigdosh wrote:Any one know how to get into dreadnuaght I know you where it is
Hahaha :lol: good luck with that.
By
Thebigdosh wrote:Any one know how to get into dreadnuaght I know you where it is
Strong first post.

Nuggs, what's with the ceiling fan in Brain? Did someone put it up there? How??!
By
d0dg3r wrote:Nuggs, what's with the ceiling fan in Brain? Did someone put it up there? How??!
LoL, decoration, courtesy of the CC :)
Must have taken a tall ladder in there, crazy bastards!

More pics here.
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
And all to keep us urbexers cool whilst exploring :P
There's a picture of them carrying a ladder and ceiling fan, somewhere on the interwebs. I can't for the life of me remember where I saw it... Perhaps someone else knows of it?
By
Haha that's crazy! CC took a ladder into a drain?! It must have been an a-frame ladder as well to get to the middle of the room. That's hilarious!
By
There was a ladder, but it wasn't carried in. :roll:
By
aydun wrote:And all to keep us urbexers cool whilst exploring :P
There's a picture of them carrying a ladder and ceiling fan, somewhere on the interwebs. I can't for the life of me remember where I saw it... Perhaps someone else knows of it?
on flickr, i had it favourited until i went there, think its one of snoops' pics, as per usual my flickr is not working.. maybe not, someone else

i reckon gateway is the biggest thing i've been in of an exploratory nature, even thought it was arranged. This pic shows just how big it gets, that fella is standing in the portal to the southern pier
The Big One by No+Pro, on Flickr

I haven't been in accommodator yet, but looks like brain wins biggest drain in the bris area?
By
Accomodator has a bigger pipe but Brain has bigger junctions.

Downstream dsanktuary is huge too but you can only float it with boats and never get to see it empty.

Gateway is the second biggest chamber I've seen in Brisbane, depending on your definition of chamber.
 Post a reply
Go