Login RegisterFAQ
UTS Crane on fire?
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
a mate just posted these up, im not sure what happened but his last update said the crane has actually fallen over now..

By
Midget did it
By
hahaha :lol: :lol:

interesting snippets from the articles floating around:

"..angry construction workers said they had walked off the job three weeks ago with safety concerns about the crane claiming it was dripping diesel..
..about 1000 litres of diesel which powers the generator sparking the fire caused the cables to snap..
..and you just heard the cable snap one by one..
..the crane then crashed into the building which the guys were working on.."

A 20 metre boom has crashed into the building earlier this morning. The crane is the biggest industrial crane in Sydney's city.
About 20 firefighters who attempted to climb the boom to extinguish the flames quickly ran down from the unsafe crane and instead allowed the fire to extinguish itself.
-
im guessing the crane will just be replaced?? specially if they need to continue with the construction?
By
Not biggest industrial, that is a teeny weeny crane. Anyways new crane, new climb and no one was hurt so win win except for the people who were constructing that building.
By
my bets are on midget also :p

this explains as to why there was so much traffic in the city today.
By
Titan wrote:my bets are on midget also :p

Dat trust. :lol:

It wasn't me. :|

In fact, I haven't been exploring for the past week, and now it seems like I probably won't do any cranes for a few weeks until this dies down. Just in case they start coming down heavy on people. :D
Subscribe to my journal to see random exploration photos.
Where are the cat emoticons?
By
Midget wrote:

In fact, I haven't been exploring for the past week, and now it seems like I probably won't do any cranes for a few weeks until this dies down. Just in case they start coming down heavy on people. :D
Have you been up this one Midget?
The explorer in the west................
By
Bangers wrote:
Midget wrote:

Have you been up this one Midget?
I think so. The UTS site literally has five or six cranes, and one across the road. There are two that are magnificently high, which I've been on. The rest are the lame 7-12 story ones. Well, mostly lame because the cranes are surrounded and over-shadowed by the taller cranes and constructions. Not much of a view.
Subscribe to my journal to see random exploration photos.
Where are the cat emoticons?
 Post a reply
Go