Login RegisterFAQ
Abandoned bus depot?
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
I was out for a cycle at the weekend near Leichhardt and spotted these two large abandoned sheds, looking onto a sports pitch near the Sydney Bus Depot, around Pioneers Memorial Park.

Anyone ever been in?
By
no?
did you get a closer look, would it be easy to get in?
By
kenikat wrote:no?
did you get a closer look, would it be easy to get in?
Looks very easy to get in, loads of open door/entry points. Its effectively two large sheds I suppose!

Looks pretty wrecked, but worth a look in!
By
Hi fabiocaponi

Haven't heard from you for a while.

Is this the place you are talking about (screen grab from streetview - just no time to go there to get the shot!)?

From streetvew and aerial maps, it looks like lots of activity in the area with the STA buses driving in and out of the area.

I know someone who drives STA buses, I could ask him what the sheds are used for.
Just a harmless explorer. No need to waste taxes checking me ;)
By
theedge wrote:Hi fabiocaponi

Haven't heard from you for a while.

Is this the place you are talking about (screen grab from streetview - just no time to go there to get the shot!)?

From streetvew and aerial maps, it looks like lots of activity in the area with the STA buses driving in and out of the area.

I know someone who drives STA buses, I could ask him what the sheds are used for.
Yep thats the place, although I only saw one bus when I went. On another note, there is another place not far from there, stretches quite far down the road and looks easily accessible

Street view link http://goo.gl/maps/MzjKN
By
Me and spyderlad were down that way the other day on the way to Callan Park and noticed them. Got a few shots despite strange looks from the employees:
ImageImage

I'm hoping go back there soon so if anyone wants to meetup, let me know.
By
fabiocaponi wrote: Yep thats the place, although I only saw one bus when I went. On another note, there is another place not far from there, stretches quite far down the road and looks easily accessible

Did you manage to check this out? I've scouted the building while going to a friends place, so did not get a chance to go in and check more carefully. Lots of cars on this road too. I know this building has laid idle for a long time.
Nikkor wrote:Me and spyderlad were down that way the other day on the way to Callan Park and noticed them. Got a few shots despite strange looks from the employees:

Thanks for taking the time to share some pics. I'll let you know when I can meetup. I forgot to ask about this place so I will try again this week.

Cheers
By
theedge wrote:
fabiocaponi wrote: Yep thats the place, although I only saw one bus when I went. On another note, there is another place not far from there, stretches quite far down the road and looks easily accessible

Did you manage to check this out? I've scouted the building while going to a friends place, so did not get a chance to go in and check more carefully. Lots of cars on this road too. I know this building has laid idle for a long time.
Nikkor wrote:Me and spyderlad were down that way the other day on the way to Callan Park and noticed them. Got a few shots despite strange looks from the employees:

Thanks for taking the time to share some pics. I'll let you know when I can meetup. I forgot to ask about this place so I will try again this week.

Cheers
Alright, sounds great, any information would be beneficial I'm sure.
By
wow great pictures closer up, looks like itd be fun to explore :)

i also do HEAPS of pre exploring from google earth then square down into street view, very handy to look without looking lol :)
By
theedge wrote:

Cheers
Been a bit out of the loop but havent had a chance to check it out. I am still wanting to take a look at some point tho
By
fabiocaponi wrote: Been a bit out of the loop but havent had a chance to check it out. I am still wanting to take a look at some point tho
Can't wait. Getting to that area is a bit hard for me at the moment with all the traffic around rozelle/balmain so any pics or opinions you can share would be great.
By
Has anyone gone to this? I thought it was part of the same site of the active bus depot. (Sorry, just been looking through old topics. This was something I had been to around 4 years ago now).
Scarecrow of the Sydney branch of the Cave Clan.
By
No I haven't

I was hoping fabiocaponi would be going in and giving an update as he seems to be the closest to that place.
By
They are locked up very tight and one of the buildings looks to be used as a bus depot but because of where they are I would say there isnt much to see there.
By
I remember going there with my mother when it was a furniture shop. Even if its empty its a pretty cool place, from memory there is a beautiful old wooden mez.
You can't walk along a barbed wire fence with a foot in each paddock.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/94677994@N03/
 Post a reply
Go