Login RegisterFAQ
Craziest/Silliest things you have done while Urbexing - Page 2
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
I was just going through a local copy of my web site when I found a video I took in Scotland. I was exploring an abandoned rail tunnel near Kirklee which was full of debris. I'm talking rocks, dirt, wood, plants, all sorts of stuff and big pools of water. I has just entered the third tunnel and was proceeding along into the dark when I heard a massively loud two tone horn. It was unmistakably a train horn and it was loud and close by. I stood there, examined the ground again to be doubly sure there was no visible track and then listened as an ominous rumbling grew louder. Then less than 25 meters in front of me a train crossed by in another adjoining tunnel. That was totally unexpected.
"Oh! That's YOUR web site!" ... "Yep, that one." http://www.uer.ca/urbanadventure/www.ur ... windex.htm
And read the damn Newbies FAQ and guide to writing a first post! viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4257&p=40693
By
Oh so many stories,

I once pooped in a portaloo on a live site, the patrol car pulled up at the two portaloos, and the guy pulled on the door (this helped relieve my bowels) and then moved onto the second portaloo swearing.
I stayed in that stinky vestibule for quite some time before sheepishly coming out, my friends through it hysterical.

I was with a friend exploring on his first site he'd found, allured by the promise of a room full of old records & LPs we climbed through a broken window, checked out one room then turned a corner to see a man in a singlet watching TV on his house. Note - There's a difference between an abandoned house, and a badly maintained one.

I jumped the fence of an abandoned church, and was greeted by a guard dog, knowing full well they are trained not to bite people, and if they do, they get in serious legal s***, I was confident it wasn't going to attack me, so I calmly continued on. Turns out that rule only applies to guard dogs, not homeless people's Dobermans, that one hurt.

I lifted a man hole cover to find myself in the median strip of a rather large highway.

I've abseiled into a few things, but that's not really all that crazy.

In one of my more Macguyver moments I pulled the flashing LED thing I had on the back of my pushbike off and threw it as hard as I could, after a security guard was chasing me in the dark, he went after the flashing LED thing instead of me, cost me about $4, well worth it,

I've also accidentally been transmitting to my team on the same radio channel of a security company patrolling a site, thank god for CSQ, else they would've heard us chatting,
By
Nick wrote:Oh so many stories,

I once pooped in a portaloo on a live site, the patrol car pulled up at the two portaloos, and the guy pulled on the door (this helped relieve my bowels) and then moved onto the second portaloo swearing.
I stayed in that stinky vestibule for quite some time before sheepishly coming out, my friends through it hysterical.
LOL! So funny.
"Oh! That's YOUR web site!" ... "Yep, that one." http://www.uer.ca/urbanadventure/www.ur ... windex.htm
And read the damn Newbies FAQ and guide to writing a first post! viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4257&p=40693
By
Have any of you been up Albert Park drain? There's a low bit past the low bit that is even lower than the first low bit. It is the crawlway to the lake overflow. Well one night some mates and I crawled up that and watched the preparations for the grand prix. For fun we tried to coax ducks over, and generally mucked around till we decided to go. We had not been particuarly careful with our torches, and suddenly a helicopter flew over the lake, right for us. I turned around and started to crawl away rapidly. One friend said something like "What? They won't notice us. They flew over us."
I said something like "What about the ute?"
He replied. "What ute?"
"The one that's driving along the shore of the lake!" I replied.
We scarpered back down the other tunnel.

At some point I got a PA system installed in the car. We used to drive around yelling at people on it. One night at about midnight we drove to some girl's place and my mates yelled out to her. Then one said "Floor it!" So I did. He told me some guy was running up behind us with a bat in hand. Needless to say, we never did that again.

Oh, and there was the time we explored City drain which involved walking wait deep through the Yarra River..... ewwww!

Fun times indeed.
By
I jumped onto what looked like some firm dirt. Turns out it wasn't firm at all it was almost quicksand. And then to make it funnier my friend jumped in as we'll thinking he could dodge. Two pairs of jeans and shoes were tossed out. Sux
By
I have never done anything silly while exploring.
By
Taking a piss and then realising I have to go back through to get out
By
By
 Post a reply
Go