Login RegisterFAQ
Hello - Urbex CaveClan domain names for sale
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Attn: Admins
Would you be willing to post this on your forum and/or distribute it to your members please?

Urbex CaveClan domain names for sale
Hello members,
I am an aging former explorer from Australia.
For many years I have been the custodian of some website domain names:
www.CaveClan.com
www.CaveClan.info
www.UrbanExploration.net
www.Urban-Exploration.net

Until recently they were diverting to the website at www.CaveClan.org as a public service.
I can't be bothered paying to host them anymore.
So you can buy them and do whatever you want.

They are now for sale and an online auction is happening now.
Just go to this website:
https://auctions.godaddy.com
do a search e.g. "caveclan"

with bids starting at $20

The reason for the sale/auction is because I think it is the most open and equitable thing to do. It gives young and old a fair chance.
One alternative would be to pass them on to another senior person in the community. But who?
If no one takes them over, they will eventually be deregistered and picked-up by the Domain Name Industry, who will advertise them for a ridiculous price, meaning they will be "lost" to the community forever.
You can see what happened to www.SydneyCaveClan.org - some idiot is trying to sell it for $100,000 :lol:

Other similar domain names:
www.UrbanExploration.com - owned by Julia of DarkPassage, Berlin. It re-directs to her main website.
www.CaveClan.org - owned by Sloth of the Cave Clan, Melbourne. (Edited: not Dougo sorry) This appears to have a private chat forum.
www.CaveClan.net - owned by ID of the Cave Clan, Melbourne. The website used to have a plain splash page.

Thank you.
Last edited by DanielDrains on 13 Apr 2024, 2:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
By
Interesting
Wander often. Wonder always.
By
I've never owned caveclan.org
By
By
DanielDrains wrote:
13 Apr 2024, 1:29 am
ironfistdoug wrote:
12 Apr 2024, 6:58 pm
My mistake. Do you know who setup the www.CaveClan.org website?
I think it was a bit of a group Effort... iD. Gill... I'm pretty sure they built the Cave Clan Forums in 2001.

Sloth paid for .org for quite awhile.

I *think* iD had .net

I've never been tech savvy so I've always let others do it.

I think Gunny/Panic built the first C/C website, but I can't remember it at all.

I remember there was someone who was paying to keep the domains, however I forget who you are.

I passed your message on to a few chats. Hopefully you have some luck.

Cheers
By
ironfistdoug wrote:
13 Apr 2024, 1:46 am
DanielDrains wrote:
13 Apr 2024, 1:29 am
ironfistdoug wrote:
12 Apr 2024, 6:58 pm
My mistake. Do you know who setup the www.CaveClan.org website?
I think it was a bit of a group Effort... iD. Gill... I'm pretty sure they built the Cave Clan Forums in 2001.

Sloth paid for .org for quite awhile.

I *think* iD had .net

I've never been tech savvy so I've always let others do it.

I think Gunny/Panic built the first C/C website, but I can't remember it at all.

I remember there was someone who was paying to keep the domains, however I forget who you are.

I passed your message on to a few chats. Hopefully you have some luck.

Cheers
Thanks for that Doug.
Yes that's right, you've cracked open the memories.
Sloth had the CaveClan.org for the first official CaveClan website. Then later a forum was added.
ID had the CaveClan.net for his personal email address. It stopped working some time ago.
Gunny originally had the CaveClan.com domain name. I don't recall what it was used for. A consortium of bipartisan individuals politely convinced him to let go of it for a nominal fee, which he did, and then it was diverted to the .org after that.
Note, Gunny also had another website called Urban Chaos - www.UrbanAdventure.org

One approach I like would be that the individual website names are owned by multiple individuals in the community, so that the trust/responsibility/cost is shared. But I'm getting a bit political now, and I don't even know who the Leaders are anymore.

I wish you good health.
Have you considered what will happen to all your collected materials and artifacts in 20 years?
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
@DanielDrains

I'm currently sorting that out as we speak. I'm sending a full set of my urbex zines to the state library.

My old maps have been past on to a younger member.

The plan for my/our photos was to put them on Instagram, but nothing lasts forever.

I also have a few boxes of stuff that I need to sort out.
By
That's really cool you sending the zines to a library. SA library who I'm friendly with are always happy for stuff like that too. Cheers.
By
Flanders wrote:
15 Apr 2024, 7:00 pm
That's really cool you sending the zines to a library. SA library who I'm friendly with are always happy for stuff like that too. Cheers.
I'm dropping them off the Friday after ANZAC day. They sent me a request for "one good quality copy" of each zine...
in 1994. It only took me 30 years :x
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
I'm going to buy all the domains and redirect them to a pasta making tutorial.
By
Nippy108 wrote:
16 Apr 2024, 8:34 am
I'm going to buy all the domains and redirect them to a pasta making tutorial.
Each one to a different tutorial right?
By
By
Actually you redirect them to the other Cave Clan groups that have started since the one I was involved with.

For some reason Cave Clan is popular with cats, online chess players &... I'm not even sure what the other one falls into... role-playing maybe, where they refer to cavemen as a Cave Clan.

They'd probably appreciate it
By
Given the 2 cave clan domains registration expired on the 11th and the 17th I presume they're just back in the public pool now and you can acquire them buy it now for the low low prices of;
~$4k - caveclan.com
~$325 - caveclan.info

Could be a while before they see use again.

As for the other 2. I bought 1 and the other 1 displays a brokerage option so I presume it sold as well.
 Post a reply
Go