Login RegisterFAQ
First time going through Checkmate
By
3 Reply with quote Permalink
I want to preface this in saying that this is the first description of my experience going through a spot and any advice and do's and dont's is well appreciated cos I plan to do a bunch more! At the same time I tend to swear a bit in casual convo so if its too much for this forum then lemme know and ill cut back :D

Alright first off the entrance "location" listed on this discount dollar store wiki site, im not sure if anyones seen it but its not the right entrance by a LONG shot. There might be another drain there im really not sure, but man I was looking in the wrong place for the longest time so once i finally found it by complete chance i knew i had to give it a proper look over.

After scouting out the entrance and dodging the weather for a bit, a mate and i went down and went through pretty much the whole thing, starting out in this huge cavernous area covered in sweet graffiti. We went the whole way up to these busted flood doors, or at least we thought they were. Saw some baby catfish in there to just chilling.

Heading back now to the main entrance area and getting ready to go the other way, we jump over the cinderblock that got dragged in and kept going to 2 drains stuck together, apparently there was a rave there last year, wish id known about that, sounds sick as f*** for a rave. Good for spooky photos to.

As we keep going we come to this open area, opening up into a scrapfeild / a junkyard / a wrecker. We dunno, even after climbing out to have a look it still made no sense. We kept on going, getting further and further until we'd reached the water level and couldnt go any further. Put up a small tag and left, breathing in that sweet sweet fresh air id been missing for the past 2 hours.

Overall an awesome drain, would 100% go again.
Also would love to add photos but idk how so if anyone could let me know how thatd be awesome! :lol: