Login RegisterFAQ
Luminosity Location
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Ever since seeing Ironfist's video of a walk through of that drain I've wanted to find it. Information on it is sketchy. I've read some old reports saying that it is within 2 hours of Melbourne, and others saying it was accessed along "Old Sale Roads" and another saying it wasn't that far from Ironfists home. So that puts it in Gippsland somewhere.

I've done web searches for Glow worm tunnel, glow worm drain, glow worm Gippsland and so on with no useful results.
Anyone know anything about the location that they'd care to share?
By
4 Reply with quote Permalink
The true Luminosity was the friends we made along the way.
By
Nippy108 wrote:
02 Feb 2024, 7:19 am
The true Luminosity was the friends we made along the way.
Very True!
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
Let us know when u find it. I heard it was in queansland
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
No idea what the OP says.

When I found Lumo I looked into glow worms & bats.
Bats don't take well to people walking through their habitat during hibernation & breeding season, so we only explored it during the summer, but then as more and more people explored it at random times, the bats moved on.
The glow worms don't like noise, smoke, spray paint, etc.
Just taking known trusted people seemed to work for the first 12 years, but as the urbex scene grew in recent years & more people have been exploring it, the amount of glow worms have continued to deteriorate to where there is only half of what there originally was.

The good news is that they recently put cameras on the tunnel & now that it's part of the watersupply, it's no longer a Melbourne Water bylaw to get caught in there, but a criminal offense, so as people get caught & get convictions, the word is going around & people are losing interest in it, and hopefully the glow worms & bats get to rejuvenate in the tunnel.

I'm pretty sure once ImaGladRag finds the Melbourne Water building where the entrance is located, that will be the end of it.
By
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
ironfistdoug wrote:
02 Feb 2024, 12:03 pm
No idea what the OP says.

When I found Lumo I looked into glow worms & bats.
Bats don't take well to people walking through their habitat during hibernation & breeding season, so we only explored it during the summer, but then as more and more people explored it at random times, the bats moved on.
The glow worms don't like noise, smoke, spray paint, etc.
Just taking known trusted people seemed to work for the first 12 years, but as the urbex scene grew in recent years & more people have been exploring it, the amount of glow worms have continued to deteriorate to where there is only half of what there originally was.

The good news is that they recently put cameras on the tunnel & now that it's part of the watersupply, it's no longer a Melbourne Water bylaw to get caught in there, but a criminal offense, so as people get caught & get convictions, the word is going around & people are losing interest in it, and hopefully the glow worms & bats get to rejuvenate in the tunnel.

I'm pretty sure once ImaGladRag finds the Melbourne Water building where the entrance is located, that will be the end of it.
Can you DM me the location? I'm hungry and want hide in the water, surviving by slurping up glowworms and unassuming urbexers.
By
Nippy108 wrote:
02 Feb 2024, 6:26 pm

Can you DM me the location? I'm hungry and want hide in the water, surviving by slurping up glowworms and unassuming urbexers.
>Glow Worms<
By
ironfistdoug wrote:
02 Feb 2024, 8:59 pm
Nippy108 wrote:
02 Feb 2024, 6:26 pm

>Glow Worms<

Looks like its on a walking track, plenty of unassuming hikers to consume, reckon I'd glow if I eat enough glowworms?
By
By
Oooh I've been there :)
By
nysm_NYD wrote:
12 Feb 2024, 7:03 pm
Isn't it great? :D The Blackwater rafting was the most fun, where they give you a wetsuit and a inner-tube and send you down a cave. Imagine being the first person to discover that. The glowworms pop up halfway through the tour.
By
Alien wrote:
14 Feb 2024, 7:47 am
nysm_NYD wrote:
Isn't it great? :D The Blackwater rafting was the most fun, where they give you a wetsuit and a inner-tube and send you down a cave. Imagine being the first person to discover that. The glowworms pop up halfway through the tour.
Wait wait, there's rafting?! I thought I'd purposefully avoid NZ for my entire life, but now I have to go...
By
Nippy108 wrote:
14 Feb 2024, 9:20 am
Alien wrote:
14 Feb 2024, 7:47 am
nysm_NYD wrote:
Wait wait, there's rafting?! I thought I'd purposefully avoid NZ for my entire life, but now I have to go...
Well it's more like floating down an underground river with a tube for 2-4 hours, but its close enough ;-) Waitomo also has all the glowworm tours where there's a boat and a massive chamber so honestly anything in Australia would pale in significance.

We did whitewater rafting and canyoning in Queenstown in the South Island, they have massively different public liability laws there so you can do more dangerous things...
 Post a reply
Go