Login RegisterFAQ
Favourite drains?
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Hey guys!

Curious as to what everyone's favourite drains they've done are and why they're you're favourite, preferably around Melbourne as I think I've done all the decent ones outside of Melbs as far as I know, Ballarat Darkie, Mousehole, Arclight, Miras tomb, Geelong darkie, Cpier, Misfits tomb (if we can call that decent? ehh) Flirts freckle. Let me know if there's any regional vic ones I've missed out on! (names not locations)

But yeah would love to know you're favourites and why, can't pick? give me your top 10 I don't know.

I think my favourite so far might be clan tomb but it's always hard to pick :lol:

Cheers.

-Venture
There are Toads in the Tunnels, In the Tunnels there are Toads https://tunneltoads.neocities.org
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
My favourite day's draining is Great Stairway, Sloth's & Dougo's (even chuck Big Bastard in if you walk out of Dougo's flooded outlet).
The Maze & Slide (especially if you don't do them too often).
Clantomb.
Dungeon/Blade's on a bike.
Glass.
69er.
Big Ears.
ANZAC.
Como Falls.
50th (best inlet)
GOD (during a dry spell)
BURP
Mini 10th
Tenth
Last edited by ironfistdoug on 21 Dec 2023, 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
ironfistdoug wrote:
20 Dec 2023, 10:59 pm
69er.
Doing this on Friday providing the weather forecast stays positive, been meaning to do it for years but never got around to it, Cheers for sharing Doug!
There are Toads in the Tunnels, In the Tunnels there are Toads https://tunneltoads.neocities.org
By
Dungeon. Because it has such a variety of tunnels, for the cross over and it just goes on and on and on.
By
3 Reply with quote Permalink
Surprised Dougo didn't mention it.
Honestly I think it's in the top 5 Melbourne drains, elevated to this standing in part because it's not done as much as some of the big names.
Dwellers. And with the whole diversion build in the last few years it's only got better. Sure, there's no bluestone, redbrick, stairs or any of that, but it's just a good old fashioned many shapes and sizes concrete drain of a very decent length with a large chamber.
Great Staircase is a solid choice as well. Never have a bad time there. Though everyone knows about GSC. Good drain for pissups. Dwellers not so much because drinking with wet feet isn't as fun.
Depends what you're looking for really. Many drains have singular features that are the best in their category but overall the drain is kinda meh. For instance Mummy, best redbrick split, rest of the drain is nothing special.
Many other good picks but Dwellers just has a more secretive aura to it so that's why it's my first pick.
Wander often. Wonder always.
By
I love Dwellers. It also goes on and on and on. I've never done it to the end. There's always been walk up height drain when I got out. One day I must go in way up and just keep going until it gets too small or surfaces. My dad got me an old Melbourne Water map that suggests it might resurface.
By
Echo wrote:
22 Dec 2023, 3:49 pm
Yes, bad oversight and it's bigger & better than ever.

My favourite regional drains...
Ballarat
C Pier
Flert's Freckle
Mira's.
By
Echo wrote:
Honestly I think it's in the top 5 Melbourne drains, elevated to this standing in part because it's not done as much as some of the big names.
Dwellers. And with the whole diversion build in the last few years it's only got better. Sure, there's no bluestone, redbrick, stairs or any of that, but it's just a good old fashioned many shapes and sizes concrete drain of a very decent length with a large chamber.
Great Staircase is a solid choice as well. Never have a bad time there. Though everyone knows about GSC. Good drain for pissups. Dwellers not so much because drinking with wet feet isn't as fun.
Depends what you're looking for really. Many drains have singular features that are the best in their category but overall the drain is kinda meh. For instance Mummy, best redbrick split, rest of the drain is nothing special.
Many other good picks but Dwellers just has a more secretive aura to it so that's why it's my first pick.
*Great Stairway :twisted:
By
ironfistdoug wrote:
25 Dec 2023, 7:20 am
Ballarat
C Pier
Flert's Freckle
Mira's.
Unfortunately miras tomb in Ballarat has partially collapsed last time I went there about 6 months ago, it's also filled with redbacks and white tails, we noped out of there
By

Unfortunately miras tomb in Ballarat has partially collapsed last time I went there about 6 months ago, it's also filled with redbacks and white tails, we noped out of there
It's always been full of redbacks, at least every time I've gone there, wear a hoodie or a beanie and keep your head low, use a stick to clear all the webs and get whoever your with to inspect you for spiders every now and then ;) as far as it being collapsed goes do you know where about? I know the floor near the outflow has been collapsed for a long time.
By
ironfistdoug wrote:
Echo wrote:

Ballarat
C Pier
Flert's Freckle
Mira's.
I was thinking about doing Flerts Freckle (yes, let us pause to insert the joke) when I was in Castlemaine earlier this year but I was afraid if I brought anyone to it I'd be getting a 1.3m concrete shrinker or something, and my friends would mock me forever. (We ended up nearly getting into a punch on with the old guy guarding the old Maldon (?) mansion instead.)
By
Alien wrote:
24 Jan 2024, 2:12 pm
ironfistdoug wrote:
Echo wrote:

Ballarat
C Pier
Flert's Freckle
Mira's.
I was thinking about doing Flerts Freckle (yes, let us pause to insert the joke) when I was in Castlemaine earlier this year but I was afraid if I brought anyone to it I'd be getting a 1.3m concrete shrinker or something, and my friends would mock me forever. (We ended up nearly getting into a punch on with the old guy guarding the old Maldon (?) mansion instead.)
Stand up end from end made from slate.
Great drain if you're in the area
By
ironfistdoug wrote:
Stand up end from end made from slate.
Great drain if you're in the area

Hopefully it never changes, one of my favourites despite how short it is
 Post a reply
Go