Login RegisterFAQ
Last year's Brisbane trip.
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
So late last year I went to Brisbane and managed to locate a couple of drains, both of which were flooded when I got there.

Right after I took this image there was a car crash in the intersection to the right of this image. The driver of a white ute ran the red and hit a car. The ute driver was clearly under the influence. Ambos and police came.

According to some sources, these are access to the drain. No way I'd want to be using them.

When I saw this grill I knew I had no chance of exploring the drain with it obviously being high tide and only a couple of hours till I had to get to the airport. But a least I was there.

So close, so near, so deadly.

Plus a bonus abando

By
Sadly that pub at the Gabba burnt down suspiciously not once but twice!

You weren't far away from an easy entrance between the railway line and the Eastern Busway.
By
Kimchi wrote:
28 Jan 2024, 8:51 pm
Sadly that pub at the Gabba burnt down suspiciously not once but twice!

You weren't far away from an easy entrance between the railway line and the Eastern Busway.
Oh that has to suck. So close but so far. Would it have still been flooded that far up?
By
I've only partially explored that drain. The weather on the day was looking iffy. Journeyed downstream to the opening in the council yard then doubled back fast. Certainly not tidal in that area. Near the creek the drain looks full to the gills at high tide and thoroughly ungood with mangrove mud, as you would have seen.
By
Yeah, I took one look at the ceiling high water and it was a big nope from me. I think I missed the council entrance despite knowing it was there or around there. I spotted a small drain channel just north of the railway embankment which according to my info was a way in but climbing the fence in peak hour wasn't my thing. It was my thing for a while then a cop car cruised by, probably on the way to the car accident I'd witnessed a few minutes earlier. My dad would have been so annoyed at me for getting arrested.
By
ImGladImNotA wrote:
30 Jan 2024, 5:44 pm
Yeah, I took one look at the ceiling high water and it was a big nope from me. I think I missed the council entrance despite knowing it was there or around there. I spotted a small drain channel just north of the railway embankment which according to my info was a way in but climbing the fence in peak hour wasn't my thing. It was my thing for a while then a cop car cruised by, probably on the way to the car accident I'd witnessed a few minutes earlier. My dad would have been so annoyed at me for getting arrested.
:D it may have changed but it had a few discrete holes in the fence, easy access for homeless dossing down under the bridge.

I hope your dad's not a cop. That could be awkward!
By
It sure would be. Really awkward.
 Post a reply
Go