Login RegisterFAQ
Northern section of Great Stairway
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Does anyone know how far great stairway goes? I saw a circle see through manhole on a recent trip to Chatham station, and was wondering if this was still the great stairway. I know it goes up to canterbury but not sure how far, and if there are any entrances further north than the driveway manhole in camberwell, it woud be great to know. Thanks.
By
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
Shrooms wrote:
20 Dec 2023, 4:21 pm
Does anyone know how far great stairway goes? I saw a circle see through manhole on a recent trip to Chatham station, and was wondering if this was still the great stairway. I know it goes up to canterbury but not sure how far, and if there are any entrances further north than the driveway manhole in camberwell, it woud be great to know. Thanks.
Yeah, there is a spider man hole.
It's pretty hard to miss.
Massive "EXIT!!!!" in fluro reflective paint.

As glad noted, if it rains no drains.
By
Shrooms wrote:
20 Dec 2023, 4:21 pm
All the railway lines in Melbourne are conveniently built on elevated areas, so Chatham would definitely be THE END. North of that you're starting to look at downhill again through the "Gail's Snatch" systems and possibly Flat Darkie.
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
Gail's Snatch = Glass Creek, for those who are not aware.
 Post a reply
Go