Login RegisterFAQ
How we communicated before the Internet
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
By
There is a social beauty here that has been lost along the way. Not to say that meeting people over the internet is fundamentally worse; it's all people connecting over a shared interest, but I guess this just feels more real? And I have an inkling that connections made this way were stronger on average than those made over the internet today, of course I don't really have any basis for this inkling as I wasn't around back then :lol:

What I will say is such graffiti is one of the reasons I love these spaces so much—walls covered in history. I suppose I feel as though since graffiti like this is no longer needed to communicate within this culture that post-internet graffiti has less substance? Just names and dates mostly, maybe the occasional joke or thought. Just doesn't seem as involved as it once did. Anyway that's my little ramble done with. Hope you're doing well Doug
There are Toads in the Tunnels, In the Tunnels there are Toads https://tunneltoads.neocities.org
By
@Venture
Nice reply.

Yeah, definitely more bonding on average, than an email, but I've met some amazing people using many different means of contact.

I should point out I only filmed this on Thursday.

Sadly (and only this year) most of the old Cave Clan graffiti near The Pillars has been gone over as was the 75 year old Drainiacs Incorporated graffiti.

There is nothing that can be done to stop it happening. It's all just par for the course.
 Post a reply
Go