Login RegisterFAQ
Fortress entry
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
i'm planning on going into fortress with some friends who have never been draining, and I thought I'd start them off well with fortress. I've personally never been in but I've seen the entry manholes and grilles and the tidal entry. How do you guys recommend I get in there with 2 complete newbies? My first thought would be life the grilles but its at a intersection its going to be hard to get in that way.
urbex and flossing are the keys to a happy life
By
maybe you could show them a couple of entries and see which ones they would feel more comfortable entering, i would not recommend lowering down into a manhole seeing it is pretty claustrophobic but entering through the grilles is a good start. :)
By
I wouldn't say Fortress is the most beginner friendly drain in Sydney. If you're looking to wow them for their first experience then I could see the angle. However if something goes wrong and you need to get out fast it's not that kind of drain.
For first timers I'd recommend you go for something simpler so they get the basics.
Wander often. Wonder always.
By
Echo wrote:
31 Aug 2023, 7:55 pm
I wouldn't say Fortress is the most beginner friendly drain in Sydney. If you're looking to wow them for their first experience then I could see the angle. However if something goes wrong and you need to get out fast it's not that kind of drain.
For first timers I'd recommend you go for something simpler so they get the basics.
Last time I took a friend draining I went to herc's but it's getting kinda boring for me I've been to it about 4 times now, we're going towards that part of the city that day anyway so maybe instead we'll go to swoo on the way, I know the location, dk about entry though. Is the tidal entrance open and does it have a rope to climb up the slide??
urbex and flossing are the keys to a happy life
By
_pHAntom wrote:
01 Sep 2023, 9:34 am

Last time I took a friend draining I went to herc's but it's getting kinda boring for me I've been to it about 4 times now, we're going towards that part of the city that day anyway so maybe instead we'll go to swoo on the way, I know the location, dk about entry though. Is the tidal entrance open and does it have a rope to climb up the slide??
Maybe a Sydney based explorer can more aptly answer your queries. I'm not well versed enough with those drains to say much.
Wander often. Wonder always.
By
_pHAntom wrote:
01 Sep 2023, 9:34 am
Echo wrote:
31 Aug 2023, 7:55 pm
nah man theres no fuking rope at all thats what i thought and then my ass nearly got killed by the ocean bro
By
Dont do fortress with first timers too much risk i would say to try some shorter drains where if s*** goes sideways its easier to exit and some new drainers get disoriented when first draining due to the repetitve nature of some of them and the lighting especially on the long straight section of fortress some might freak out, i would recommend u do something like eel pit or Yodas Den cause they are easy to get out and are short :D :D
INSTAGRAM:@ue_syd
By
Yeah, do Eternity. Relativly easy to get into at low tide, impressive, great features, and pretty much nothing too dangerous unless you step into either of the pits, both of which are well marked.
 Post a reply
Go