Login RegisterFAQ
This is not friggen baseball cards!
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Jeses effen Christ!

Urban exploration seems to have devolved in to a game of trading baseball cards.

Some pleb from shitsville writes I explored almost nothing, I have shared no photos, no stories, but tell me where everything is and I'll share my low player cards for your Joe DiMaggio list of everything.

This is NOT a game of trading baseball cards. We're not interested in sharing locations with you if you can't be arsed sharing pictures and stories with us. I don't give a toss is you are 16 or 60. Ante up with what you have explored before we decide if you're a legit explorer or some wanna be graff vandal.

The thing is, these posts are ALL THE SAME! Some newbie asking for locations. Having never read the posts about how we don't share locations. Hell, I was one of those in the past and did not get it but now I do. Newbies, do you have any friggen idea of how often we get asked for locations from people who share nothing of their own explorations?

I don't know if the solution to this is having a quiz to sign up, having a week long no can post wait, or just charging $20 for some crazy list of urbex locations and being done with the newbies.

Sorry for the agro, I'm just over seeing the same post over and over and over and over again. And I've been here like what, only a few months. It must drive you older explorers friggen insane.

Also, just for shits and giggles. I'm now adding "You failed probation, removed to the back of the queue" as a response to all future requests like this.
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
I presume you're CC affiliated based on the post. Fair. But one has to remember urbex is about people. CC isnt some gold standard to exploring. There's certainly more people exploring than there is CC members.

You could add your tagline to any post I write if you really wanted.
"You failed probation, removed to the back of the queue".
But what does that really mean? I don't have as much knowledge as a circle entailing 100s of people. Sure. You know spots I don't? Sure. I know spots you don't? Sure.
What's the point we are proving here.
Everyone is at a different stage on their journey. I remember being a newbie, posting run of the mill drains so I could get a shot at the next thing. Maybe assimilation was the goal. Fitting in is nice. Feels good to be a part of something. But new explorers shouldn't be shut down so hard just because they ask for everything and offer nothing. That's part why this forum is dead. Everyone feels like they know everything and they know what it took to get them there so they've got to envelope this urbex code of secrecy. Considering the digital age urbex has moved in to it's just not realistic anymore.
I'm not here to light any fires. Anyone who reads this most likely already had their opinion on me made up a long time ago. That's not fair imo. But that's life. I'm not looking for conflict. But, as I've always done, I'm not going to withhold my thoughts because they may be viewed as unpopular.
So skip the sarcasm from replies. If you've got something constructive to say I'm all ears. If not I'm just going to revert to lurker.
Wander often. Wonder always.
By
Just guessing here, but I think if you waited a week & then DMd each "New Explorer looking to trade Joe DiMaggio for Babe Ruth" enquiry, that more than 50% would stay in your ourbox.
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
Echo wrote:
08 Jul 2023, 10:08 pm
I presume you're CC affiliated based on the post. Fair. But one has to remember urbex is about people. CC isnt some gold standard to exploring. There's certainly more people exploring than there is CC members.
No idea if it's true, but when your exploring group fell a part, some of your old crew joined Cave Clan. From what I've heard, bitching about you is what helped them get in.
I get why you're so bitter
By
Echo wrote:

You could add your tagline to any post I write if you really wanted.
"You failed probation, removed to the back of the queue".
But what does that really mean? I don't have as much knowledge as a circle entailing 100s of people. Sure. You know spots I don't? Sure. I know spots you don't? Sure.
What's the point we are proving here.
Everyone is at a different stage on their journey. I remember being a newbie, posting run of the mill drains so I could get a shot at the next thing. Maybe assimilation was the goal. Fitting in is nice. Feels good to be a part of something. But new explorers shouldn't be shut down so hard just because they ask for everything and offer nothing. That's part why this forum is dead. Everyone feels like they know everything and they know what it took to get them there so they've got to envelope this urbex code of secrecy. Considering the digital age urbex has moved in to it's just not realistic anymore.
I'm not here to light any fires. Anyone who reads this most likely already had their opinion on me made up a long time ago. That's not fair imo. But that's life. I'm not looking for conflict. But, as I've always done, I'm not going to withhold my thoughts because they may be viewed as unpopular.
So skip the sarcasm from replies. If you've got something constructive to say I'm all ears. If not I'm just going to revert to lurker.
Echo you have some very valid points here.
Yeah, I've been a hard arse smart arse lately because sarcasm is keeping me sane because the cost of living is really bighting.
I'm not one to stick by a view or opinion and say my mind can't be changed. Good job on showing me the other side. Good point on why this forum is dead.
Given that seeing a story about you jumping off a train got me into urbex, I value your opinion.
Okay, I'll try be less smart arse and more user friendly.
Screw the secrecy, drain locations for all!
By
ironfistdoug wrote:
09 Jul 2023, 8:46 am
Echo wrote:
No idea if it's true, but when your exploring group fell a part, some of your old crew joined Cave Clan. From what I've heard, bitching about you is what helped them get in.
I get why you're so bitter
Are you talking about echo here? Or ImGladImNotA? I understand that echo is quite infamous on this forum but to be honest I've been here for less than a week I am not caught up on all the history.
urbex and flossing are the keys to a happy life
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
_pHAntom wrote:
01 Sep 2023, 9:41 am
Are you talking about echo here? Or ImGladImNotA? I understand that echo is quite infamous on this forum but to be honest I've been here for less than a week I am not caught up on all the history.
He's referencing me.
This infamous tag thing is a mild over exaggeration imo. That was so like last year. Now I'm just old and washed up.

The history isn't worth getting into. Stay as far away from urbex politics as you can. That's my best advice.
Wander often. Wonder always.
By
_pHAntom wrote:

(Sorry, I originally posted this in the wrong thread)

Echo was in the Clan for a little while & has done (in my opinion) better without the Clan.
I haven't been in the part of the Cave Clan that recruits new members, runs the Clannie awards, etc for 7 years (I'm part of a smaller branch of Melbourne Cave Clan with about 30 people that are mostly older).

I don't know anything about ImGlad... etc.

That probably doesn't help much :D
By
Echo wrote:
01 Sep 2023, 10:40 am
_pHAntom wrote:
He's referencing me.
This infamous tag thing is a mild over exaggeration imo. That was so like last year. Now I'm just old and washed up.

The history isn't worth getting into. Stay as far away from urbex politics as you can. That's my best advice.
f*** bro I didn't know there was politics to this s*** I just wanna take cool photos and hang with friends in abandoned places
By
ironfistdoug wrote:
01 Sep 2023, 12:12 pm
_pHAntom wrote:

Echo was in the Clan for a little while & has done (in my opinion) better without the Clan.
I haven't been in the part of the Cave Clan that recruits new members, runs the Clannie awards, etc for 7 years (I'm part of a smaller branch of Melbourne Cave Clan with about 30 people that are mostly older).

I'm fine with not knowing anything about all of this, I've thought about contacting the cave clan at some point and being part of more of a community with urbex but I'm also fine to just be with my own friends and find spots for us to urbex
By
_pHAntom wrote:
01 Sep 2023, 12:17 pm
ironfistdoug wrote:
01 Sep 2023, 12:12 pm
_pHAntom wrote:

I'm fine with not knowing anything about all of this, I've thought about contacting the cave clan at some point and being part of more of a community with urbex but I'm also fine to just be with my own friends and find spots for us to urbex
Yep, I was just answering your question
 Post a reply
Go