Login RegisterFAQ
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
I had a dream last night that the rain tunnel between Jolimont and North Richmond in Melbourne had flooded and was now a huge new drain. It was named 'tard, because it was a short version of Big Bastard.

It got me thinking, Big Bastard is probably the biggest or widest drain I've ever been in. I mean it is huge. Well apart from the upstream entrance of 10th. So, other big ones I have been in are 10th and the one down in Elwood that goes upstream to Dungeon. Oh, and CIT.

Does anyone know of anything bigger? I know there's a big drain in Vienna where the 10th Man was filmed and GCANS in Japan. Anything bigger in Australia? I've seen some pictures of people driving in drains so there must be some big ones out there.

Got pictures of them? Got tales of them? Come on I want to hear your "My drain is bigger than yours" stories. :lol:
By
ImGladImNotA wrote:
23 Jun 2023, 5:55 pm
I know there's a big drain in Vienna where the 10th Man was filmed

There are some big underpasses upstream of Tenth. Also another big one near Storm Drain 2000, but they're not very long.
By
By
ironfistdoug wrote:
23 Jun 2023, 6:28 pm
There are some big underpasses upstream of Tenth. Also another big one near Storm Drain 2000, but they're not very long.
I've never heard of Storm Drain 2000. Which city is it in? Or state? I'm not asking for the exact location. If it is outside of Melbourne or Sydney I'll probably never have encountered it.
By
ImGladImNotA wrote:
25 Jun 2023, 3:41 pm
ironfistdoug wrote:
23 Jun 2023, 6:28 pm
I've never heard of Storm Drain 2000. Which city is it in? Or state? I'm not asking for the exact location. If it is outside of Melbourne or Sydney I'll probably never have encountered it.
I know we can't give out locations, but I think it's safe enough to give you the location to an underpass - it's a pain to get to & even if you found Storm Drain 2000, which is a series of underpasses including a corrugated steel section which is slippery as, it's hardly a location worth banning me for... unless they're looking for a reason :lol:

I'll go take a look. Brb.
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
I'm pretty sure it's this underpass.
If you ever do it, then you'll probably find Storm Drain 2000. After the first 3 sections it eventually turns into a single RCP. I haven't been up there since they built SD2K so not sure if it's still thigh deep or not.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/nU3jHdfTPD1VCWm78
By
You know this has to be a target for your next video now. :)
By
ImGladImNotA wrote:
27 Jun 2023, 7:49 pm
You know this has to be a target for your next video now. :)
I have wanted to return to it as I only ever did it as it was being built & just before it got finished.
We thought it was going to be a long corrugated pipe but it was just 6 pipes side by side forming an underpass.

I've been told the pipes are slippery and as uncomfortable as fark, so yeah... it's a maybe for now :D
By
Ahh ya wuss. I thought you were hard core. :lol:

Okay that's off my list if even you won't go in it then.
By
ImGladImNotA wrote:
23 Jun 2023, 5:55 pm
I've seen some pictures of people driving in drains...
By
Impressive!
 Post a reply
Go