Login RegisterFAQ
glenbervie station drain
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
hi all,

i went exploring with one of my close mates on the weekend just passed around our semi-local area and we came across a drain in between Glenbervie and Strathmore train stations in a little section which had MTB jumps. the drain connected into 5 mile creek after after about 500m of the water flowing down through a little man-made gully. It can be seen on google maps. we decided (being the explorers we are :lol: ) that we should go into the drain and we noticed lots of cave clan symbols and names and stuff written on the walls (this can be seen on a tiktok attached here: https://www.tiktok.com/@xplrtyler1/vide ... 4189034753 ) the drain continues for about 2km more upstream before it connects to a little grate which is an exit "if you are skinny" if you push on a further 1-2km upstream you will run into a junction where the drain splits into two. this is where we decided to turn around and head back out. if you know wether it is worth going past this junction or if you have any info at all about the drain please hmu because i have literally no idea.

cheers, XPLRTyler
By
UPDATE-
the drain is called 5 mile creek drain or something and it runs under salmon reserve towards essendon airport.
(still want more info if possible)
By
The short drain with the steps that turns round fairly quickly is Five Mile Creek Part A and the longer one further up the aqueduct is Five Mile Creek Part B - I remember exiting through a manhole in part B in a large driveway to the road.
By
The stairway inlet is one of my favourite entrances. It reminds me of a secret way into a castle or something like that.

There are better drains not too far away.
By
ironfistdoug wrote:
10 Jun 2023, 4:23 pm
The stairway inlet is one of my favourite entrances. It reminds me of a secret way into a castle or something like that.

what drains are better but still close that you would reccomend?
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
Paramecium wrote:
10 Jun 2023, 8:27 am
The short drain with the steps that turns round fairly quickly is Five Mile Creek Part A and the longer one further up the aqueduct is Five Mile Creek Part B - I remember exiting through a manhole in part B in a large driveway to the road.
i know that manhole because my mate almost got ran over when he pushed it up lmao
By
xplrtyler wrote:
10 Jun 2023, 10:00 pm
ironfistdoug wrote:
10 Jun 2023, 4:23 pm

what drains are better but still close that you would reccomend?
Clantomb & Camo's downstream.
Fox Hole & The Falls (upstream) make an alright duo too.

The Falls doesn't take long. I wouldn't go beyond the second waterfall.
By
ok thankyou, also while we are on the topic of drains in this area do you know if there are any drains which flow into the maribynrong river that are worth exploring? just curious...
By
xplrtyler wrote:
11 Jun 2023, 10:23 pm
ok thankyou, also while we are on the topic of drains in this area do you know if there are any drains which flow into the maribynrong river that are worth exploring? just curious...
This is my favourite Maribyrnong river drain...

By
thanks for the help!
 Post a reply
Go