Login RegisterFAQ
abandoned building next to darkie entrance?
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
hey guys been wondering about this abandoned looking building right next to the darkies entrance?

wanting to explore but not sure if it has some info needed to know before entering like security or something
seems to be a heritage site and had roaches but don't know much more than that.
cheers
By
I believe it was abandoned around 10-15 years ago and then was turned into a hostel by its at the time owner Rudi Bodonyi, who might I add Is well into his 90s. Then the it was deemed it uninhabitable and closed down as as with everything sold off presumable to developers in may 2022. Supposedly its been pretty trashed by vandals so there has to be a way in although that may have been prior to developers purchasing, there has been proposed plans for residential housing but nothing seems to be happening.

So funny you posted this cos I only found out about it today and was doing some googling, most interesting to me is that the basement supposedly once connected to the darkie but that has since been blocked off.

If you are a confident lock pick then you would likely be alright, just hop the fence and you'll be covered from the public seeing or you could take a less passive route but obviously given the location you'll have to be quick.
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Romilly House (then Hackney Lodge)
https://collections.slsa.sa.gov.au/resource/B+13582
Went there last year and it was easily accessible, but I've heard it's been recently painted. That makes me wonder if it's secured now.

The basement is cool. Was a nightclub, used to be called Catacombs in the 60s. Had coffee lounges too.

There's a sign around here on the footpath with a bit of history on it.
Jaffs on CC and Jaffs01 on Flickr
"urbex is not for tourists......its for adventurers" DeScent (RIP)
By
I heard someone was chased out by a crackhead in there so just keep an eye out if your there.
By
XPLRADL wrote:
22 Feb 2023, 2:42 pm

So funny you posted this cos I only found out about it today and was doing some googling, most interesting to me is that the basement supposedly once connected to the darkie but that has since been blocked off.
I can assure you, it does not ahahahahah
Follow me on insta, @grimb0
By
Grimbo wrote:
27 Feb 2023, 2:59 pm
XPLRADL wrote:
22 Feb 2023, 2:42 pm

I can assure you, it does not ahahahahah
According to someone on reddit there was back in the 60's but was since filled in with concrete but not sure there might still be evidence in the basement of it?
By
From what I saw in the basement I don't believe there was, while it is possible as some of the original pipes (not the rectangle section) in the darkie were built in 1950 they would have been too small. I have also crawled up a few of the pipes looking for where they could have linked lol.
Follow me on insta, @grimb0
By
thanks guys not sure if ill explore it due to time and studies but appreciate the info
By
Grimbo wrote:
04 Mar 2023, 2:40 pm
From what I saw in the basement I don't believe there was, while it is possible as some of the original pipes (not the rectangle section) in the darkie were built in 1950 they would have been too small. I have also crawled up a few of the pipes looking for where they could have linked lol.
Maybe it was just the drain for the basement then so it didn't flood and went straight into the open creek
 Post a reply
Go