Login RegisterFAQ
'Success' drain.
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Went and did this oldie but goodie not long ago, saw names from the 80's in there and some other stuff - nice tunnel with a few slides and junctions.
I was checking out a possibility of a large drain in a big retarding basin/sportsfield north of Success's main double barrel entry and tracked it above ground and found it most likely linked - even though for a few hundred meters upstream Success is about 4 foot, through the grille in the park I saw it get back to at least 6foot. Will be interesting to see if they indeed link.
Looking at apple maps it looks like it is 2.5km from the main entrance, does anyone know how long the whole tunnel is?
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
You are going to love drain exploring if Success is a goodie and a nice tunnel :)

Not sure if you want spoilers or not but if you don't...

stop reading...

now...

:)

You can crawl/crouch under the retarding basin to get to the bigger bit, but it hardly seems worth it (other than to conquer the drain). When we did it... probably in the 80s or early 90s, once it got bigger it soon got small again. We basically got to where it shrunk (it wasn't long... 5 minutes maybe) and we found a gutter box and got out. As far as I remember it was easy to find a way out but it was a residential area.

Good luck.

When it rains, no drains.
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
Cool :) thanks! I don't mind the start of Success, I think I'll do it all just to say to myself I've conquered it! :D
 Post a reply
Go