Login RegisterFAQ
New member, locations in NSW please
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
JUST KIDDING. The title was click bait.

But I am a new member. From Canada, living in Sydney currently. I got into urbex early last year and it has spawned such a passion for urbex photography. I mean, I already had a passion for urban and architecture photography, so it's on par with that. I've always loved exploring abandoned buildings, but I've never taking it to the step of actually seeking them. And the thrill of trespassing, ah I love it.

Just this weekend I went to:
  • An old pistol club
  • Gossy Good Times
  • Morisset Asylum
  • Wangi Power Station
  • An old scrap yard
  • Abandoned railway tracks
  • Random house on the prairie &
  • Attempted to get into the Penrith Zoo.
I'm still sorting and editing the pictures (there's about 900 to sort, it's been a busy few days..). I have a few other locations I've been around Sydney if you check out my post in the NSW forum.

QUESTION TIME: Has anyone been in the Penrith Zoo recently? From driving around it there doesn't seem to be an easy way in. Short of walking on someone's private land or hiking 2 hours one way.

SECOND QUESTION: Does anyone know what the Gossy Good Times building was originally? I asked a couple locals but they both told me different answers and I couldn't find anything in the newspapers regarding the building.

I would ultimately love to make some new friends.
There is the college in Katoomba I'd love to check out (if I can get in this time) and I'm DYING to find a way into the Penrith Zoo. If anyone has any tips on the zoo please let me know!!
Travel. As much as you can. As far as you can. As long as you can.
Life's not meant to be lived in one place.
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Oh Noes! Not clickbait!

Wangi Wangi is apparently a good location. it's on my list when i'm up that way.

I can tell you if you're down Wollongong way dont bother with the "Minnamurra Mansion" unless you have the tools to scale a tall fence.

The Vesuvius site in Bulli is good, but entry is a challenge.

Hill 60 tunnels are pretty decent also.
One never knows what joy one might find amongst the unwanted & abandoned. Lola (Kinky Boots)
By
DarkroomJay wrote:
02 Jan 2021, 3:48 pm
Wangi Wangi is apparently a good location. it's on my list when i'm up that way.
Definitely worth the drive!!! Oh my god it was so amazing. And HUGE. Would consider tagging along if you go back there, I'd love to get some more shots. I also got myself a souvenir from here. 😁

Thanks for the other spots! I'll definitely check them out.
By
Gossy good times used to be the Brisbane water council office building
 Post a reply
Go