Login RegisterFAQ
Let's get slaughtered
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Is anyone interested in visiting a disused abattoir down south? Not 100% sure of doing it undetected because people live in part of it near the front. I actually saw a lady walking around in the disused bit today. There are a couple of easy ways in despite the numerous holes in the fence from years gone by that have been fixed up. I've been advised that there could be asbestos and to take a P2 dust mask (Bunnos have 3 pack disposables for about $9) but that chick wasn't bothering with any of that.

Last edited by Jaffs on 11 Jan 2014, 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jaffs on CC and Jaffs01 on Flickr
"urbex is not for tourists......its for adventurers" DeScent (RIP)
By
Looks like it'd be good :)
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
Agreed Nuggs, it's a fairly sizeable site which looks reasonably untrashed.
By
I'd definitely be up for somewhere like this, looks like a nice big site to do.

I have a reservation or two which I've read before - so this could be a spot to be a little wary of. When you're online and see this send me a PM and see if we can't get more people from SA along. :)
By
This site good and still relativity untouched - graffiti wise but there is some damage like holes in walls etc. an old guy lives there, he's actually quite nice and willing to let you in and have a look around. However be wary of the kids, they tried to lure us into an old club room when we went. Best to go during the day, I think the old guy had dogs tied up when I was there, they might roam at night. Good luck
By
I heard the dude might be open to letting people look around. Weird about the kids, how old are they? I think there are a few different people who live there, with someone living in a caravan too.
By
Hey Jaffs,

I saw some of your work on Flickr earlier today, awesome stuff. I'm the chick trying to find out about those old 'kissing trucks' of yours.

Anyway that old abbatoir down south, the old guy was the only one living there when i was around. The kids I think must live in the area, they knew the guy but didn't seem to belong to him. the kids actually showed us around but they were a bit suss. I went last year, the kids ranged (4 of them) from about 12 to 17. From what I hear people go out that way on dirt bikes every now and then but I wouldn't be too fussed about them. Just ask the old guy, he was nice :)
By
There's another thread on here with a couple more pics of this place. Good thinking not letting those pesky kids lead you to their dungeon or whatever else.

I've answered you in a PM about the trucks.
By
4 Reply with quote Permalink
Weigurb wrote:
13 Aug 2021, 10:57 pm
If you want to give me some Mod powers I'm happy to delete these bits of s*** when I see them.
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
Amen
Don't slip in poo
 Post a reply
Go