Login RegisterFAQ
Burford's Batcave - first time exploration
By
4 Reply with quote Permalink
Hey all, this is my first post here ever after only becoming interested in urban exploration a couple months ago.

I had read up on here about Burford's Batcave, so my mates and I all planned to go explore it one night.
I made sure to read up on all the stuff on here and other sites about the drain to make sure we were safe, e.g. best time to go, turn at hells junction etc.

We planned to go at 11:30pm, but ended up waiting until around 12/12:30am and the water at the entrance was perfect; high enough that we still got an experience but low enough so that we weren't washed away.

I thought I'd also take my 7 year old, waterproof Canon camera I got when I was young and thought I'd share some of the pictures with you guys on here.

https://imgur.com/a/nZhADUB

Some of the photos came out really well, surprisingly, but some of the best photos contained pictures of my mates faces, so for privacy reasons, I didn't include them in the link.

Just thought I'd share the experience with you guys, and I would really encourage going and exploring the drain for people who are new to exploring. It was really easy to navigate, just one turn (pictured) but even that has labels on it.
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
Nice one! And great first post!
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Awesome!

That is so cool. Great pictures. Good idea to do your research, because clearly you did not die. Great write up. Awesome first post all right.
Your first tip is asking for locations wont get any replies. Urban exploration. Not urban tourism. - Echo
 Post a reply
Go