Login RegisterFAQ
Il Draino Back Issues. Aust orders see first comment
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
They're more reproductions rather than back issues. Some changes have been made. Photos that weren't available at the time have been added and there is much more colour.
This is for people not living in Australia. I put this together at the request of a few people over the last few months. I'm not trying to spam you or give you the hard sell. It would be much easier to just sell them all in Australia, however I would like to give you the chance to place an order if that is your wish. If you are crazy enough to order the whole 50 then that also includes issues 99 and 100 when they come out. I've tried to cover most questions and it might seem a bit complicated, so please feel free to ask if you have any queries. Doug

>click here for details<

>PayPal<

Last edited by ironfistdoug on 25 Jun 2020, 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Howdy All,

People not living in Australia should see the International ad in the OP.

If my situation changes & I have to pay more to produce the mags then I will need to increase the prices.

CURRENT/FUTURE ISSUES.

I won’t be making anymore issues after #100, but I do have some special issues planned for after 100.

BACK ISSUES/REPRODUCTIONS.
I’m working on backissues in lots of ten. I also sell them in batches of ten. I’m currently working on issues 20 to 29. I’m hoping to do the whole lot over the next few years. I currently have the following for sale:

Postage for 1 batch of backissues (plus $1.25 per issue. Bulk discount available. See below).
1 to 9 (150gms) $3.30
10 to 19 (200gms) $3.30
70 to 79 (275gms) $5.50
80 to 89 (349gms) $5.50
90 to 98 (299gms) $5.50

Buying more than one batch at the same time will save you a bit on postage.
Add up the weight in the brackets (above) of what you are purchasing. If it is under 500g then use the chart above. Please also add $1.25 for each issue ordered.

More than 1 batch (whether it’s 2, 3, 4 or 5 batches) = $9.20

Bulk discounts.
Prices per batch if ordered at the same time (postage not included).
1 batch: $12.50. 2 batches: $24. 3 batches: $35.00 4 batches: $44. 5 batches: $50.

PayPal
By
Here are the answers to a few questions I’ve already been asked.

First in best dressed. I can reiterate this enough. I won’t have time to redo extra copies and it’s already costing me heaps. Please don’t presume that if you wait you can buy the whole 100 issues at once; this will not happen (later issues are almost gone).

The zine is made on double sided A4 pages folded in half using a photo copier.

Even if you pay $1.25 for each of the smaller issues you are still getting them at a good price.

Once there is more than 2 colour A4 pages (most issues) then I lose on the sale.

Some of the bigger issues cost more than $3 to produce. I am subsidizing the orders.

I am doing this to get them out there – not to make a profit. If I end up getting the whole lot done then I will end up losing around $2000 (I am spending $200 on decals to be given out with issue 100).

Postage in Australia may take a couple of weeks due to Covid-19; International orders a couple of months.

These are not just reprints, they are reproductions. Photos that weren’t originally available have been added and certain pages have been removed (nothing important, for example each Clannies issue has 4 pages of Every Winner Ever so I got rid of them as all you really need is the most current list which appear in a later issues as it lists every winner). By getting rid of these pages it gives me the space to spread out articles that were just a single page of text to a double page with a photo or two.

There will also be over 150 new pages. I am including extra columns for Gone But Not Forgotten; Retired But Not Forgotten: Drainfile; and Cavity File. So yeah, they are definitely not just reprints. I’ve also removed a snippet here and there of senseless irrelevant nasty stuff. The only other form of censorship is I made the decision to remove a member from back issues that in my opinion doesn’t deserve to be in them (I won’t say any more on this).

Some people think they should be copied as they were originally. I decided to reproduce them mainly to bring out legible issues. The original issues were photocopied on dodgy copiers at work while attempting to not get busted and on photocopies that were desperately in need of repair  Photocopied photos were also hard to decipher (they were s***) – all of this has changed for the better.

That should cover it for now.

Thanks.

Doug
By
-1 Reply with quote Permalink
Do you have electronic versions? Could you email them?
Your first tip is asking for locations wont get any replies. Urban exploration. Not urban tourism. - Echo
By
f*** me you're a hard crowd. I'm about to live in my car and would love something to read but can't cart s*** around with me. An electronic copy would be ideal for me to read on my ipad.
Your first tip is asking for locations wont get any replies. Urban exploration. Not urban tourism. - Echo
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
JustAKiwiInOz wrote:
27 Jun 2020, 11:00 am
f*** me you're a hard crowd. I'm about to live in my car and would love something to read but can't cart s*** around with me. An electronic copy would be ideal for me to read on my ipad.
I think I missed something between your comments. Did something get deleted?

Nah sorry, I don't do digital versions. I'm keen to keep them in paper format.

I produce & sell them at a loss rather than do them electronically. I figure there's already thousands of pages of urbex stuff online, I'd like to keep this one as something you can read on the dunny & also as emergency toilet paper.

I hope things improve for you soon. No fun living in a car.
By
click me
*Mailed to Australian residents only. International orders DM me for a quote.
Also available 1 to 9 & 70 to 100.
More back issues currently being made.
PayPal.Me/drainguide
By
Just an update. I have just finished all the Australian orders. Hopefully you'll have them by Friday. I'll be doing the 4 international orders when I get some time to get to the post office. The response has been great. I made 50 copies of each and more than half are already gone. Still plenty of older issues. Low on newer issues.
Thanks for your orders.
Cheers
Doug
By
>photos & more details<

If you're interested then please swipe through all ten images in the link.
Issue 50 (Winter 1999) to issue 59 (March 2001).
All prices in Australian $.
$20 Aus orders.
$30 NZ & HK.
$35 rest of the world
By
https://www.instagram.com/p/CLu0Wd4ljUo ... 36iyngv4a6

40 to 49 now ready to go.

$15 plus $5 postage.

I have batches packed up and ready to go so they should be at your place within a few days depending on postage/covid.

Stats: 450gms. (500g with Q-ray zine)

Covers December 1997 to June 1999

lots of pages (majority in colour)

Issues 1 to 19 & 40 to 100 are now available. 30 to 39 should be available in April & 20 to 29 May.

PayPal.Me/drainguide
By
By
Just in case any Youiegahs are interested...
I have another batch of odds and ends.
Make it $7 & get an extra couple.
Please note: Australian orders only.
PayPal.Me/drainguide or DM me for bank details.
By
Still some left...

Il Draino Sample packs. While stocks last.
I have some odds and ends available if you’d like to sample a copy or two first.
Outside of Australia:
max 50gm envelope (1 issue) $6.
Within Australia:
125gms (2 or 3 issues) $5
250gms (5 or 6 issues) $7
500gms (500 grams of Il Draino) $10

Send your payment to PayPal.Me/drainguide or email me at drainsdrainsdrains at gmail.com for more info. Please include a postal address in your comments.

If you decide to buy a full set after seeing the samples then you will have to buy a full set.
 Post a reply
Go