Login RegisterFAQ
Southern Highlands NSW. Recommendations of where to checkout!
By
3 Reply with quote Permalink
Hello everybody, just made an account then so i'm pretty fresh to the forum.

Im really into Urbex as a recent hobby and I'm based in the Southern Highlands NSW (Mostly Bowral but also Kanga valley, Campbelltown, Wollongong, Goulbourn too)

I was wondering what recommendations you all had for places to go look at. Honestly I'd like to see anything, tunnels, drains, abandonments, I just want adventure and I'm happy to go for a little drive too.

So far I've inspected -

Mittagong Maltings
Bowral abandoned Nunnery (OLSH)
Bowral Quarry.
A shack in berrima (not been inside though, it looks like it's owned)
Mittagong ironmines train tunnel
Mittagong ironmines coke tunnel
Glow-worm glen in bundanoon
The old train station in Colo Vale

Tonight i was checking out the abandoned train tunnels in colo vale/hill top but the bush got far too dense and there were angry dogs nearby, one of which got out and chased us so we called it a night and went geocaching instead. So we didn't actually find the tunnels themselves

There is also a huge abandoned(?) "haunted" mansion in burradoo. I havent explored it, as im not 100% it's abandoned. If you're in the area too and want to hear about any of these places let me know and i can point you in the right direction. There used to be a bunch of abandoned houses near the bowral golf course too but they got demolished

I wouldn't mind seeing the asylum or orphanage in Goulbourn but i hear they're rather secure.
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
The Asylum in Goulburn got burnt down. :(
By
Anyone hear or know of cold war era vip bunker some where in southern highlands? saw it years ago on bunker project just wanted more info
By
Walshy wrote:
22 Nov 2017, 3:50 pm
The Asylum in Goulburn got burnt down. :(
Much of it still remains last time I checked about 2 months ago, well after the big fires. But not worth exploring. Plus it is watched.
"Oh! That's YOUR web site!" ... "Yep, that one." http://www.uer.ca/urbanadventure/www.ur ... windex.htm
And read the damn Newbies FAQ and guide to writing a first post! viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4257&p=40693
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
Ive heard about the mansion too but never found enough info to go there. From what I found it is empty. Im in the Illawarra. I suggest you join instagram if you haven't. Its great for reasearch, you'll notice tge same photos of places pop up with different people then you can link stuff together to find them. I try not to follow too many overseas accounts so I know everything I'm looking at is in Australia.
By
Anyone know what the security on the old nunnery at Bowral is like and how easy it is to get in? Cheers
 Post a reply
Go