Login RegisterFAQ
By
3 Reply with quote Permalink
Hey I don't even do drugs but I had another urban exploration dream. Probably because I skipped dinner the night before and was restless.
It started out with me looking for cheap accommodation (I'm about to become homeless due to being a Kiwi with no job right now) and I was sleeping in a corner in a factory with no door, just these big industrial curtains. I was doing a writing piece on these old school urban explorers in London, UK (I've never even been to London). So my factory corner morphs into a part of a railway tunnel and these guys who were in their 50s and had beards were saying that this railway tunnel was part of the Tube and this big alcove was one of the few places that you could be in a Yerkes Tube safely and not be crushed between the train and the side of the tunnel if a train came by. We descended a ladder into the tunnel as they were explaining this. They were showing me some of the controls in the alcove. They said that the alcove was a place the track workers rested when servicing the tunnels and said we'd have to be careful as sometimes there were workers in a depot just around the corner. So we looked around the corner and there like four workers chatting and having a cup of tea. So we snuck back and up the ladder into a sub surface area and back into my factory corner where I did an interview of them and took photos for the story. They were all cool with having their photos taken because apparently in the UK trespass laws were different and Urban Exploration was less illegal and they were old so didn't really care anyway. They said it was because people considered being eccentric okay as long as they were harmless. I swear one of them looked like that actor with a goatee beard in the Scarlet Pimpernel movie. Then I woke up.
A couple of things that struck me about the dream was that the ladder down into the tunnel had brick holes for your feet, and side poles for your hands, the tunnel was a big old brick arch and the alcove had bright lighting in it. The group had 5 people in it, and they were all really chill and laid back about the legal aspects of exploring.
So yeah, UE dream number 2.
Your first tip is asking for locations wont get any replies. Urban exploration. Not urban tourism. - Echo
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
This is becoming a series....
Wander often. Wonder always.
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
We had a regular column in Il Draino called Drain Dreams (which also included regular urbex dreams) so it's probably more common than you think.

Good job remembering them. I forget most of them.
 Post a reply
Go