Login RegisterFAQ
Sewer Works on maze drain, hawthorn station
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Hey all! sorry to post again so soon, but thought it might be useful to know that there are sewer works being done around the hawthorn maze drain entrance.

I was having a look around this morning, and there was an area fenced off, maybe 5, 10 metres from the entrance, with signs posted around it talking about "reworking drain systems". i couldnt get a good look, as it was broad daylight and the fences were covered, but i plan on stopping by a couple more times and doing some research , and i will continue to update this thread with any new info (at least until someone says not to) :mrgreen:
young, eager, and not completely inexperienced
By
Hey mate,
Please keep updating on the situation. Was going to go to Maze this weekend. Oh well!
By
from what i can gather, they seem to be doing works crossing over the maze, near the entrance to the Room, but not specifically on the maze, though im not certain. for time being, i guess id say caution, and maybe avoid the Room. Im happy to send full details on the works im pm's, but for secrecy's sake im not going to post them
By
Did you see any machinery? Did it look like major work that would make it unsafe to go to the room or into the maze at all, or just road works above? Thanks
By
the fences were all covered, but there didnt seem to be any serious machinery (no cranes, no massive trucks, loud noises etc.) but if you're close enough, id definitely say have a snoop before you commit. other than that, my guess would be that anything east of triple split would be safe (S/O to panic! for the only map ive ever needed). Still, caution is best, and a bit of extra research couldnt hurt
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
Thanks for letting me know! If you find yourself heading over there before the weekend I'd love to know if you still see any work done. May have to head to Mini 10th or elsewhere.
By
They have been working on the sewer near Maze for awhile now. Last year they were even rerouting the sewer through the canal using a large sturdy rubber tube.

Goodluck
By
just been through and around Maze, everything seems pretty clear. Works are maybe 10, 20 metres from the drain, things seem good
By
Awesome, thanks mate
By
Thinking of heading to maze sometime, and noticed there was a drain titled "slide" which seems to connect to maze on a map. Anyone know anything about it? (Eg. Is it worth checking out, does it directly connect to maze)
Cheers
By
draindrongo37 wrote:
07 Jun 2020, 5:12 pm
Thinking of heading to maze sometime, and noticed there was a drain titled "slide" which seems to connect to maze on a map. Anyone know anything about it? (Eg. Is it worth checking out, does it directly connect to maze)
Cheers
I'm not sure it's its own drain, though it's possible. I was under the impression it was located on the Maze drain canal loop and wasn't anything worth anyones time particularly. Although I could be thinking of something else entirely as I've only walked that loop once and don't have anything called Slide or similar on my map. Slide generally sounds like it would denote an already existing drain feature rather than an entire drain.
Wander often. Wonder always.
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
Slide is its own system that outflows into maze's canal. Its a nice little drain, believe it or not, it has a small slide part way up.
Hood Rich
By
Took a picture of it today. Not sure how to attatch the photo though. Every time I press on the image button it gives me this:Image
By
draindrongo37 wrote:
08 Jun 2020, 5:06 pm
Took a picture of it today. Not sure how to attatch the photo though. Every time I press on the image button it gives me this:Image
You will need to use an image hosting site, such as imgur. You can then embed the image using the BBCode url.
Hood Rich
By
I think the cool shapes in Slide won't be around for ever. When I was there earlier on in the year it had deteriorated 20 fold since I was there a few years before. I wouldn't be surprised if we end up with an RCP as a replacement one day.
By
https://ibb.co/BP9zzcc
Hope that link works. It was on the way back from the room if you take the left tunnel (the one that is mostly a canal).
Doug, you think it's worth checking out? It was a relatively small drain but if its worth it I'll definetely check it out.

Cheers
By
Definitely check it out. A couple of very rare shapes (probably unique at least to Victorian drains).
Climbing the slide gives you something to do but it's not worth going on after it.
Cheers
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
update on Maze, The chamber before swipe's with the various mummies and small concrete pipes got completely resurfaced in cement. Almost all of the art that was there has been destroyed.
By
weetBix wrote:
19 Jul 2020, 4:50 pm
update on Maze, The chamber before swipe's with the various mummies and small concrete pipes got completely resurfaced in cement. Almost all of the art that was there has been destroyed.
Bugger
 Post a reply
Go