Login RegisterFAQ
Melb's Random Meetup Thread - Page 14
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
Echo wrote:
07 Jan 2020, 11:41 am
Not going to put a date on it yet but looking at doing some drain explores around mid next week depending on weather. Just a good full day of drains, and maybe something else :)
More of a newbies meetup than anything else. Got interest from 2 people currently.
Just off the top of my head I'm thinking the agenda will run something like this as these spots all kinda link into eachother without much hassle.

Glass Creek (gutterbox to outflow)
Gas Chamber
Mummy (manhole to outflow)
Short (outflow to inflow)
4D
GOD (Just check out the outflow and maybe a small amount inside. Outflow is the best part anyways)

At this point we can walk to a nearby train station and see how everyone is feeling. Including all the walking underground and between locations we will have traversed approx 9km more likely closer to 10km. Might call it a day there. Maybe just go chill in ANZAC for a moment for anyone who is still keen. See what the mood is like.

Expressions of interest welcome at this point. Date most likely mid next week subject to weather.
Short and Mummy are two seperate drains?
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
croxtonlocal wrote:
08 Jan 2020, 2:50 pm
Umm yes?

Most definitely.
Wander often. Wonder always.
By
Echo wrote:
08 Jan 2020, 9:12 pm
croxtonlocal wrote:
Umm yes?

Most definitely.
Hmmm, drains in that area can get a bit confusing.

I did what I thought to be Short last month, a widish RCP right on the river bank that quickly become a mummy shape, which matches the short description for Mummy on Panic's website so I just presumed they were the same drain but obviously not.
By
croxtonlocal wrote:
10 Jan 2020, 10:34 pm
I did what I thought to be Short last month, a widish RCP right on the river bank that quickly become a mummy shape, which matches the short description for Mummy on Panic's website so I just presumed they were the same drain but obviously not.
The drain you're describing sounds like Mummy. Short is further up the river, same side.
By
At this stage Thursday is looking most likely for the aforementioned expo. A final weather evaluation will be conducted on Tuesday to confirm this.
If you're interested though assume Thursday is the day. A 30% chance of 0-0.4mm of rain is an acceptable risk in my view. Currently have 2 people confirmed as coming, with a few others having expressed interest.
I'll post here again on Tuesday to confirm these details.
By
croxtonlocal wrote:
10 Jan 2020, 10:34 pm
Echo wrote:
08 Jan 2020, 9:12 pm
croxtonlocal wrote:
Umm yes?

Most definitely.
Hmmm, drains in that area can get a bit confusing.

Fancy seeing you here...
By
Due to the weather slowly going towards worse rather than better the aforementioned route has been scrapped in favor of going to a large abandoned site in the Northern suburbs. Currently I have 2 people confirmed for this adventure. Thursday 9am meetup at Flinders. If you wish to come along you can PM me here or on Telegram @echo96
By
Looking at old expo reports I wrote in 2000 if I was too fat it fit in places back then I definitely am now! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
By
Sorry to those I left in the lurch. Had a rough start to the year. Didn't really want to talk to anyone. Still time to make something good of this year.
By
Hey all! It'd be great to get back out exploring! Haven't done anything since 2013-2014 and when this virus is past, be good to meet up with the Victorian crew.
By
'Victorian Crew'. I wonder who that entails.
By
The crew of the Victorian type ;)
By
Curious ...
By
Echo wrote:
20 Feb 2020, 6:45 pm
Sorry to those I left in the lurch. Had a rough start to the year. Didn't really want to talk to anyone. Still time to make something good of this year.
Bushfires, smoke, end of the world plague... I sure hope there's something good this year.
Your first tip is asking for locations wont get any replies. Urban exploration. Not urban tourism. - Echo
By
I reckon a drain explore or 2 is probably classified under essential exercise. In light of this, and the nice weather forecast for Sunday/Monday, I will be taking a leisurely stroll along a nice route of drains starting around Mini Maze in Ascot Vale.

The day is kinda flexible hence I've noted Sunday and/or Monday. Depends who might be free.

If anyone is interested in coming let me know.
By
Bored. Anyone wanna try to arrange a meetup for sometime soon? Weather has drains kinda out for the next week or so but there's some other things we could do. Keen to get out. Hit me up.
By
Drain expo tomorrow while we have a bit of fine weather to work with. We will be running 4 drains. Meeting point is Coburg Station. Expressions of interest welcome. Please message me for the time.
Cheers, Echo.
By
I'd be interested, Coburg is slightly far from me, is the first drain near the station or is that just the meeting point? If you'll be catching the train from there I could meet you near the first drain or something.
Cheers
By
draindrongo37 wrote:
24 May 2020, 6:55 pm
I'd be interested, Coburg is slightly far from me, is the first drain near the station or is that just the meeting point? If you'll be catching the train from there I could meet you near the first drain or something.
Cheers
Our route runs from Coburg Station unfortunately.
By
Ah alright, another time

Thanks anyways
By
Was happy to meetup with one new explorer for a couple of drains on Monday.

On Friday, Bic, Vlad, Hugo and myself are doing a drain over Burwood way.

Feel free to hit my DMs if anyone is interested.
By
Echo wrote:
27 May 2020, 9:37 pm
Was happy to meetup with one new explorer for a couple of drains on Monday.

On Friday, Bic, Vlad, Hugo and myself are doing a drain over Burwood way.

Feel free to hit my DMs if anyone is interested.
Hi there new to the forum and hoping to get in on this- sent a DM earlier this arvo but it is stuck in my outbox- presumably because we aren't friends? If you could send me the deets that would be stellar.
By
Last call for tomorrow's drain explore in the eastern suburbs.
I've had some good interest and have 6 people locked in. If interested please DM me with your age, any relevant prior experience, and your discord/telegram for easier communication.
Cheers, Echo.
By
Echo wrote:
28 May 2020, 8:08 pm
Last call for tomorrow's drain explore in the eastern suburbs.
I've had some good interest and have 6 people locked in. If interested please DM me with your age, any relevant prior experience, and your discord/telegram for easier communication.
Cheers, Echo.
ASL?
UEGA: Come for the lolz, stay for the trollz!
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
It was good to see a strong turnout for Friday's explore.
I expect to host some more meetups soon for those that are keen.
I am also working, along with others, on a dedicated discord server to provide a more fluid alternative to UEGA.
Cheers, Echo.
 Post a reply
Go