Login RegisterFAQ
Wacol Mental Asylum, any tips?
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
I'm currently looking at doing a photography/urbex photoshoot at the Wacol Mental Asylum... at night, anything I need to watch out for? I know security guards are rampart through there but is there anything else?

cheers,
R
By
Kangaroo's
By
Don't think you will get far these days. the new fence will slow you down
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
jaym wrote:
13 Jan 2020, 1:54 pm
Don't think you will get far these days. the new fence will slow you down
I haven't had a look at Wacol yet due to having to bail my trip but I will scout it out in February and will report back on here.
By
Good luck though
By
Been there relatively recently for a quick look, lights on even at 2 - 3 am, looks heavily guarded but havent gone for a full scout. heard that the goverment has even stepped in with tax money to keep it well guarded, doubt anyone can go in there now.
By
itsmasterblue wrote:
22 Jan 2020, 4:47 pm
Been there relatively recently for a quick look, lights on even at 2 - 3 am, looks heavily guarded but havent gone for a full scout. heard that the goverment has even stepped in with tax money to keep it well guarded, doubt anyone can go in there now.
Wacol Mental Asylum is very close to the operational Prison so I do expect heavy guarding of and around its facilities and structures no matter what, I think that Wacol Mental Asylum might even be a potential risk to the Correctional Facility in a certain way that will require daily and nightly patrols. I still have my scouting trip planned in February so I can confirm more details. In the mean time, i gotta see if I can re-do my Brisbane URBEX All-nighter trip as last time it all went bottoms up.
By
itsmasterblue wrote:
22 Jan 2020, 4:47 pm
The gaurds are in teh area to guard it cause the mental hospital is next to it and it's on there land so no extra cash flow to guard it but good luck in getting in.
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
Corrugated fencing was added last year as the chain link fence was full of holes. Certainly when we passed by an a Sunday afternoon drive, it looked much harder to get into than a few years back.
 Post a reply
Go