Login RegisterFAQ
Google Earth Network link for known abandoned locations? - Page 2
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
What, Dodger you're going to rate me negatively for asking for a map?

Go ahead. In fact hey everyone who wants to is more than welcome to go ahead and rate me negatively. Lets see if we can make that the most negatively rated thread on here EVER!

Because yeah, I don't give a toss about ratings. I mean this isn't even Twitter, or Youtube. It does not even rate. So go ahead Dodger, rate me down as much as you like. You mean nothing to me, your opinion means nothing to me. Rise above that immature stuff mate. You can do better than that.

If you disagree with what I do or ask, try come back with something better than a down vote. Perhaps offer an opinion, some informed discussion, a story of how you explored for years and years before you found a drain, a tale of the pain you experienced when after exploring and finding things yourself you heard of someone that did something different and easier than you and how that made you want to inflict pain or revenge on them.

To all the Boomers and Gen-Xs out there. I know you wandered across the suburbs exploring stuff because that's the way your generation did things. My generation does things differently. Are you going to s*** on us because of that? Different does not mean bad. Different does not need to mean hate. If I'm different you should be celebrating that and letting me do my different. Like we're drain explorers, we exemplify different. Don't let past generations of people tell you to force new generations to get out and scour the Earth because that's what they did. Empower us with information!

What is this? Drain club?
The first rule of Drain Club is that we don't talk about drain locations!
That s*** went out with the nuclear family and the concept that only men and women should marry. Times are changing, change with them or get left behind.

Finally, remember to rate this post negatively! I want it the most negative post anyone has ever seen anywhere on this planet. Go on show your scorn of me, of Millennials, of Greta Thunburg and global warming!
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
By
4 Reply with quote Permalink
Wow what a rant, what's the fun of quick and easy? You'll find most people want to explore, not be tourists, that's why they are here. Ask what you want but don't crack the shits when people don't want to answer you. I guess it's a little thing called respect that the older explores may have.. most of us do this purely for the joy of doing something others dont so don't get pissed off when our types ain't so keen on giving away locations we have spent time finding. Remember new doesn't always mean better, sometimes changing things for the sake of change isn't the best policy. Respect goes a long way amongst a group of Misfits remember that when asking for help
never die wondering ;)
By
3 Reply with quote Permalink
Yeah that showed them!.....
Wander often. Wonder always.
By
Urbex isn't a particularly legal activity.
Making these locations so publicly accessible is how we often lose locations.
It's also how we lose squats and it's how we lose people.
It's genuinely dangerous, in multiple ways, to make locations so easily available to the general public.

Asking for locations outright is tourism. Book a contiki tour dude.
By
If you spend even five minutes reading posts on this forum you would learn how newcomers are treated for outright asking for locations or maps. What were you expecting to happen?

As mentioned by others there are legitimate reasons this stuff isn't handed out to anyone who happens to ask.

I find it sad that the only new posts on this site when I login are of people just asking to be given locations.
Hood Rich
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
Hi,
After 15+ hours of searching Goolgle top-to-bottom, I recently got hold of a KML/KMZ file, I assume its Panic!'s file as it has an insane amount of locations marked. It's a massive file and honestly I just want the Melbourne locations so that I can get it on Google Maps and navigate around easier. Every time I open the file on Google Earth my screen freezes and even zooming in our out takes a minute. Does anyone have just the Melbourne Drain map? Happy to provide a screenshot of my map to prove that I already have my hands on the locations, just need a smaller compressed Melbourne only file for easier access and use.

Cheers

EDIT: Was lucky enough to have a mate who had one. Thanks anyways
By
I would have thought it would be an easy job to open that file, find the folder for Melbourne and save that as a new KML file. 2 minute job really. Even if no folder existed you could make one then drag and drop the locations you want into the folder and save it. Easy as.
I use Google Earth at work all the time. Hit me up if you have questions about it.
Your first tip is asking for locations wont get any replies. Urban exploration. Not urban tourism. - Echo
By
Sorry mate. Can't do that...
By
Don't slip in poo
 Post a reply
Go