Login RegisterFAQ
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Hi I'm new here. I have not explored much but want to get into it. I'm In Sydney. I've heard about some online maps or locations lists. Where can I get them from?
Thanks.
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
Try Google. This isn't a visitor information centre.
Wander often. Wonder always.
By
Yeah, I have. I keep finding dead links. :(
By
Don't worry, there are a bunch of links that are very much still living and breathing. Keep exploring.
By
I will, and I am. Mostly just catching trains around and keeping an eye out as well as looking at maps for creeks that end abruptly.

I am drawn to this because I kind of don't fit in. I would not say I hate people, they just give me the shits. I'm fed up with so called normal people who think working to pay off a home loan is a thing. I don't give a s*** about fancy Italian or German cars or cocktail parties or 52 inch idiot boxes. Going in a drain is easier for me to cope with than society. As long as I use a bit of my brain to check the weather forecast and research a little about the dangers then it is a risk that is measurable and mostly predictable. I can get away and be myself and don't have to interact with anyone.

In these crazy days I crave the Zombie Apocalypse.

So I have mostly explored a big drain northside, around Warringah. Lots of side tunnels, hard to get into and out of over fences. There's an upstream one that's in an industrial estate that's much easier, but less exciting.
By
So yeah there's one big one a friend showed me today. Oh it was so good to get out of the friggen heat! It was in Flat Rock Creek Park I think. The entrance was huge. It was mostly straight and kind of cool, with a slight curve. It ended upstream at an open canal. I gotta get some pictures.
By
The other cool thing was when we walked back on the bike track there was this cool rock shelter that the locals call Henry Lawson Cave. It wasn't big or deep or even a real cave, but it was cool. The sort of thing a kid would love.
By
iExplore wrote:
18 Nov 2019, 6:29 pm
I will, and I am. Mostly just catching trains around and keeping an eye out as well as looking at maps for creeks that end abruptly.

I am drawn to this because I kind of don't fit in. I would not say I hate people, they just give me the shits. I'm fed up with so called normal people who think working to pay off a home loan is a thing. I don't give a s*** about fancy Italian or German cars or cocktail parties or 52 inch idiot boxes. Going in a drain is easier for me to cope with than society. As long as I use a bit of my brain to check the weather forecast and research a little about the dangers then it is a risk that is measurable and mostly predictable. I can get away and be myself and don't have to interact with anyone.

In these crazy days I crave the Zombie Apocalypse.

So I have mostly explored a big drain northside, around Warringah. Lots of side tunnels, hard to get into and out of over fences. There's an upstream one that's in an industrial estate that's much easier, but less exciting.
If you like drains then google maps is your friend. Theres no 'secret maps' with all the locations... well actually there are but that would defeat the purpose of exploring. Trust me it's way more exciting when you find a location yourself. :) Also your legs are your best friends. Walk up a creek and you might find an unexplored gem ;)
By
So I spent some time this morning trawling through threads here looking for a live link to the Google Earth File. It's been slow going. Found a few dead links. Found out who may have created it. Just got to keep trawling through I guess.

And been spending time fighting Centerlink for robodebt s***. Bastards. I live on $15 a day after rent. That's why I want a map, I can't afford to wander around looking for stuff. Plus I'm a millenial and you know us, the instant answer generation. If you can't google it, it does not exist.

But I did find this!!!!! http://www.uer.ca/urbanadventure/www.ur ... _mreps.htm drain maps, just no context for the maps. I mean they could be in Siberia for all I know but my friend did point out that we explored this one the other day http://www.uer.ca/urbanadventure/www.ur ... bledox.htm
I can't believe people were exploring drains and photographing them and making web sites of them 20 years ago. I wasn't even born then. They must be fucken ancient by now.

Does anyone else know of web sites with drain maps or pictures in Sydney?
By
 Post a reply
Go