Login RegisterFAQ
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING QUESTIONS ON INTEL TO FORUMS !!!
By
11 Reply with quote Permalink
Please introduce yourself and contribute places/pics you have visited first BEFORE asking any questions on locations - especially the sensitive ones such as live railways and rooftops.

Any reports of members asking questions without posting what they have done may have their question removed from the forums.

As for existing long-time members, please be wary of anyone asking about locations who haven't introduced themselves.

If you are unsure about the question or posting it, just ask one of the admins and mods. We are here to help.

The lesson is you must give here before you start taking. Hope everyone understands.

Thanks for reading.

Edge
Just a harmless explorer. No need to waste taxes checking me ;)
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Well said! Didn't know this was here.

Maybe this statement could be added/moved to the top of introductions and maybe AUS UE threads like a sticky or something, since the friction between new and existing members seems to be getting worse regarding this topic?
The explorer in the west................
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
Bangers wrote:Well said! Didn't know this was here.

Maybe this statement could be added/moved to the top of introductions and maybe AUS UE threads like a sticky or something, since the friction between new and existing members seems to be getting worse regarding this topic?
Good suggestion, and a stickied thread about what to include/not include in an introduction thread would allow for higher quality introductions which are perhaps more discussion-evoking, since they naturally have more thoughts on what to include.
"...we create alternative pathways, little fragments of possibility."
http://www.flickr.com/photos/phytrix/
By
Best post I've read all year. Thank you Mr Mod.
Wander often. Wonder always.
By
With all the recent activity from the outlets especially the one involved in the phone-hacking scandal this is now more important on what to share.

Not to mention the so-called explorer gurus seeking locations on abandoned places to photograph and write potentially exposing the places to more vandalism.

Will try and make a sticky on this soon - my mod powers don't allow it.
By
3 Reply with quote Permalink
Yeah, it would be good if people had to read this when signing up to the forum, rather than just making their first post and getting flamed by some newish member "bla bla wah wah, we're not handing out locations like it christmas".

Ranting at new members is a great way to keep forum membership nice and low.
By
Something like a "Terms and conditions" page that new users need to agree and submit will be good too.

It's hard to find a balance - and there's lots here who probably don't feel like meeting up with other uega members or going to a expo and wanting to do it alone or their friends. But in my opinion they are the ones who eventually lose out.
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
Why not require users to post in the Introduction section before being able to post elsewhere?
By
theedge wrote:Something like a "Terms and conditions" page that new users need to agree and submit will be good too.
Yes, because people read that s***.
By
Crispex wrote:
theedge wrote:Something like a "Terms and conditions" page that new users need to agree and submit will be good too.
Yes, because people read that s***.
^lol, true.

But we do have a Code of Conduct - and in the event of disciplinary action due to a breach, ignorance is not a valid excuse.

However, leeching for intel is not covered in the CoC.
I believe people who join UEGA intent on using us solely as a locations database (rather than sharing) won't hang around long anyway.
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
Nuggs wrote:I believe people who join UEGA intent on using us solely as a locations database (rather than sharing) won't hang around long anyway.
And then their account is purged, and that kids is the circle of life :geek:
"...we create alternative pathways, little fragments of possibility."
http://www.flickr.com/photos/phytrix/
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
After all this time I'm still getting likes for this. Lol!

TBH I've been off urbex for a while but did have a chance to do some rooftop and scouting in CN.
By
A few of us have been somewhat quiet since life got in the way. But the way i see it URBEX is more than a temporary hobby for me. Sure i cant get out much these days, but it does not stop me from doing an occasional explore if i stumble upon a new place ;)
By
Read it, thanks for the head up.
 Post a reply
Go