Login RegisterFAQ
Sunshine Coast Locations
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Hi everyone!
I'm a 14-year-old living around the Buderim area of the Sunshine Coast. I'm new to this website but not to exploring 'abandoned areas near me'. I recently went to Palmwoods and explored two houses and a store that have been condemned and abandoned for almost a decade and have been planning trips near me to visit more places alike. I understand there's a disliking with sharing locations on this site and i would really like to learn more about why and what the deal is with that. I also joined so i could learn locations from others to visit as i've been wanting to start a blog on places in Sunshine Coast people could visit too.
Thank you :D
By
6 Reply with quote Permalink
So if you understand there's a dislike with sharing places how did you think that saying you want to learn locations so you can blog about them and other people can visit them will make anyone want to take you anywhere?
Urbex isn't a tourism activity. While most aspects of urbex remain technically illegal in the eyes of the law it will never be a tourism activity or indeed accepted socially. This creates a veil of secrecy.
Personally, having been here a while, one sees a lot of 'casuals'. One trippers.
I once had an ex of mine say "I think you loved the idea of me rather than actually loving me."
I think the same is somewhat true with urbex and this scene in general. A lot of people love the idea of it but in reality they'll do 1 or 2 things and then disappear into obscurity. I feel strongly about this being a love of sorts. A passion. Some explores are better than others but there's always some unspoken thing to be had from the next. It's about the unknown. Seeing things most people could never quite fathom.
To go back to my former point on the legalities pretty much sums up why spots are kept lowkey for the most part. Look at all the easy spots you can find online. They're thrashed. Just shells. Because not everyone is here just to see. Graffiti, if done well, has a time and a place. Mindless vandalism such as breaking, burning etc does not. Unfortunately there are those that wont respect that. Now I'm not saying that is you. I'm saying that's simply how it is. Anyone that has been here a while will tell you something along the same lines.
Let's just say right now you're a child pretty much. School really isn't a chore. It might feel like it but trust me when you get older you'll wish you were back in the easy environment school offered. You've got a lot of time on your hands to focus on other things. Urbex may or may not be a passing fad. Only time will tell that much. I've seen a lot of people come. And I've seen a lot of people go.
Urbex is a nothing to most people. Stay long enough and you'll see it's a big family of like minded people. I personally have not seen eye to eye with many of them but I find solace in the fact we share this world which most will never see. At the end of the day I could put everything aside to go on a new explore with anyone. To enjoy that feeling which usurps personal disagreements.
If I could give one passing piece of advice it would be;
Life is about the people. It's as much about what you know as who you know.
Wander often. Wonder always.
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
Well said Echo!!!
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
Thank you so much for taking the time to write that. I guess I didn't understand the difference with visiting popular abandoned places to urbexing as much, but urbexing is still what i want to do. Understanding that, it's a huge contradiction for me to post the more private places I'll have visited, I've just always been so intrigued and taken a massive massive interest in seeing the ruins of buildings and what not. I've always found the places I'd love to explore have been in a different state, city, country or taken down and realising there's so much quiet history sitting, rotting away so close to me, it got me excited. I guess that's why I fancied writing a blog, to show others who had an interest as big as mine (in the hidden away buildings), that they're so close and worth visiting. Obviously, I understand the risk of both the activity sometimes being illegal and people graffiti-ing and ruining the places, which is always such an annoying thing that happens. I'm not given the opportunity to explore as much I was, when I was lucky enough to go to Palmwoods and see those buildings, in my mind, having a website like this, i thought it would share some places people thought were also worth visiting near me. I'm also not really in the position to meet up with people and go see places locally so I've been trying to collect locations and visit them as definite places to go to one day, again, i was wrong to assume, but i just thought websites like this would provide.
However, I'm excited to be able to grow up and see alot more places like the ones I'm sure you and other people on here have visited because i so firmly believe, this is something I want to do for a long time, legal or not :P.
Thank you again for replying, it's helped me alot and i appreciate it,
Elyse
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
:roll:
Last edited by Devils Donuts on 13 Feb 2021, 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
: ) thanks buddy
 Post a reply
Go