Login RegisterFAQ
Gold Coast Locations?
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
Hey guys :)

I've been into exploring for a while, but don't get to do it as much as I would like to because I don't know many places. I used to explore some of the abandoned lots on springbrook road around 2011-2012 before they got demolished. Went to the big brother house today but they have security there now and said they'll be there on 24 hour watch with dogs in future.

If anyone in the Gold Coast/Brisbane area can help me out with some new locations that would be great. I love anything, whether its abandoned buildings, rooftops, or drains. I promise i'm respectful, I don't vandalize or make any mess I'm just a filmmaker that has an itch for adventure. I also won't share the locations with anyone else (I don't know anyone who loves to explore like I do anyway, besides my brother). I've searched all over google, on facebook, youtube etc with no luck. I don't want the urbex community to die out but it seems like its heading that way. :/ If anyone would be interested in meeting up to go exploring i'd be down for that too, so let me know!
Last edited by Zandi on 25 Oct 2019, 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
I read the subject and I thought you were asking if anyone wanted any locations.

That would have been a pleasant surprise :)
By
ironfistdoug wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 10:49 pm
I read the subject and I thought you were asking if anyone wanted any locations.

Haha I wish! I do know of one place I found while searching youtube videos, there's a big abandoned 'town' in hope island that I know the address of if you're interested and don't know of it yet. I haven't been to it myself yet though so I'm not sure what its like
By
4 Reply with quote Permalink
I have a hard time believing you searched 'all over google, on facebook, youtube etc with no luck."

Especially in the case of drains being that they're a static location it's not too difficult to pinpoint 1 or 2 with some searches and/or cross referencing. Roofs tend to be more variable, often more a trial and error thing than a given fact.

The best thing you can do is stick around in the community. Be that on here, Instagram etc. The scene is a social place. Share what small things you have, meet with people. Put yourself out there. It's as much about what you know as who you know.

Give it a month and I'll be Brisbane way. Suppose I'll see who's around :)
Wander often. Wonder always.
By
@Echo
I really did do some digging but maybe I just don’t know where to look, most stuff I found was really old posted years ago or all the places had been bulldozed. I even went so far to look at landmarks in photos people posted to find the location on google streetview, which worked but they were already demolished. Grr.
For the most part people seem to be really on guard about giving away locations and some were even saying they’ll ban you if you ask. So I’m stumped but i’ll keep looking anyways, its hard when im just starting out in the community but would be awesome to get involved with it more. I didn’t think of trying instagram yet so I’ll defs do that, thanks for the tips! :)
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
Zandi wrote:
11 Jun 2019, 12:32 am
@Echo
I really did do some digging but maybe I just don’t know where to look, most stuff I found was really old posted years ago or all the places had been bulldozed. I even went so far to look at landmarks in photos people posted to find the location on google streetview, which worked but they were already demolished. Grr.
For the most part people seem to be really on guard about giving away locations and some were even saying they’ll ban you if you ask. So I’m stumped but i’ll keep looking anyways, its hard when im just starting out in the community but would be awesome to get involved with it more. I didn’t think of trying instagram yet so I’ll defs do that, thanks for the tips! :)
You'll find majority of people will keep spots secret for obvious reasons. Google maps is a great way to find spots. I've found countless locations around brissy by spending loads of time going up and down streets with google maps. Its a lot of work but good pay off most of the time. Meeting others within the community is also great like what Echo said. Another good way is to actually drive around (or walk) the streets till you find something. Id go for the google maps option first though. Once you know what and where to look they all stand out easily. And drains are the easiest possible thing to locate. Hint. look near creeks. :)
By
Like what Echo and Jsxn said...you will find some explorers will be tight lipped on locations depending on what it is. Stuff that's smashed to bits and vandalised is normally what people are not bothered talking about..but the stuff that's hidden not graffed up or smashed normally stays secret for some time. Best bet is to walk around and keep your eyes peeled when driving places or catching the train. Look around low spots between hills that water would normally collect and run through...good chance of there being a drain under it...or catch a ferry up and down the river and check the banks...that,s how i found most of the drains in the CBD.
By
Zandi wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 11:50 pm
There's a big abandoned 'town' in hope island

That's an old touristy marketplace with restaurants and stuff...it used to have a caretaker but i believe they have bailed and the place got smashed up not sure what its current condition is...never found it that interesting to be honest
By
Zandi wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 11:50 pm
ironfistdoug wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 10:49 pm

Haha I wish! I do know of one place I found while searching youtube videos, there's a big abandoned 'town' in hope island that I know the address of if you're interested and don't know of it yet. I haven't been to it myself yet though so I'm not sure what its like
I head up each September.
You probably already know about the old short railway tunnel with bats in it?
By
ironfistdoug wrote:
12 Jun 2019, 9:45 pm
You probably already know about the old short railway tunnel with bats in it?
Yugar?
Wander often. Wonder always.
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
Yugar?
By
Ernest Junction looks like....yugar is another but its locked up tight no entry unless you are HE-MAN :D
By
Ferret wrote:
18 Jun 2019, 4:58 pm
Ernest Junction looks like....yugar is another but its locked up tight no entry unless you are HE-MAN :D
I have a video of that somewhere too I think
By
Its pretty easy to get onto the roof of Pacific fair if your deep in the Gold Coast. Ive been myself. Managed to get a few photos. Of course I really only explore at night.
 Post a reply
Go