Login RegisterFAQ
Tunnels/bunkers in Edwardstown (Adelaide, South Australia)
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Hello! I'm new here, I hail from Adelaide. I'm looking for info on the tunnels and bunkers in the Edwarstown/Clarence gardens area in Adelaide. I know there are bunkers beneath Castle Street Edwardstown. There are also tunnels and bunkers under Macklin Street. I have historic evidence of tunnels at Ackland Avenue Clarence Gardens, and at the corner of South Road and Cross Road. I am wanting to find an access point to take some footage underground, even if its just a cellar of around 1900's to 1940's vintage in that area. I'm working with a film maker so if anyone already has footage of tunnels/bunkers under those suburbs (has to be authenticated) we would be willing to pay for it. Please contact me at weazel8888@gmail.com
By
There's not much of anything like tunnels left under Edwardstown. There is a large drain network but it was all changed some years ago and is all PCP. Nothing overly interesting. The tunnels refered to in documents about the old industrial sites were simple sumps and service tunnels (tunnels being a loose term for essentially pits) sorry but I've looked deeply into it and there isn't much around
never die wondering ;)
By
Weazel8888 wrote:
24 Feb 2019, 8:04 pm
Hello! I'm new here, I hail from Adelaide. I'm looking for info on the tunnels and bunkers in the Edwarstown/Clarence gardens area in Adelaide. I know there are bunkers beneath Castle Street Edwardstown. There are also tunnels and bunkers under Macklin Street. I have historic evidence of tunnels at Ackland Avenue Clarence Gardens, and at the corner of South Road and Cross Road. I am wanting to find an access point to take some footage underground, even if its just a cellar of around 1900's to 1940's vintage in that area. I'm working with a film maker so if anyone already has footage of tunnels/bunkers under those suburbs (has to be authenticated) we would be willing to pay for it. Please contact me at weazel8888@gmail.com
I would be interested in finding out what you know about Ackland ave, as I have friends who live there.

Thanks
 Post a reply
Go