Login RegisterFAQ
How legit are security/surveillance poles?
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
I only got into Urbex a week ago, i found a pretty dope warehouse but it had a security pole that i assume was motion activated around one of the entrances. I tried to go in the back way, so i had to climb over the roofs, when i dropped down off the roof, i noticed a security poll next to me. I took a few pictures and bolted, i heard some police sirens a few minutes later but i have no idea if it's related. Just wondering if anyone knows if some big surveillance poll things are actually legit?

(the red pole, only photo i got of it).

Anyway, here's the other photos i got before bailing if you guys want to see them https://imgur.com/a/UQX605z

Cheers guys.
By
Looks like a good site.
Hard to tell with cctv, but IMO likelihood of fake is 50%.
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
Beautiful site. Very nice.
It is probably one of those new back to site security cameras. They will most likly be hooked into a wifi network if there is a few of them. Got a wifi detector? If it is broadcasting a SSI maybe it will have a name like "XYZ-secnetwork or similar. Or they could simply have sim cards and be back to base. Nice tech.
I'm estimating that it would be real. People who go to that much trouble to secure a site probably spend that little extra to move from a deterrent to detection. It would be interesting if you could describe what is on top of the pole. Camera? Solar panel? Monkey with a stick?
"Oh! That's YOUR web site!" ... "Yep, that one." http://www.uer.ca/urbanadventure/www.ur ... windex.htm
And read the damn Newbies FAQ and guide to writing a first post! viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4257&p=40693
By
Oh, and unless it is a defence site or government site, the odds of police involvement for someone just wandering around is minimal. It would be private security.
"Oh! That's YOUR web site!" ... "Yep, that one." http://www.uer.ca/urbanadventure/www.ur ... windex.htm
And read the damn Newbies FAQ and guide to writing a first post! viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4257&p=40693
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
has that got i-detect written on side of it?
Real or not i would still avoid being in the line of its view. There general pretty easy to bypass
By
jaym wrote:
11 Oct 2018, 4:47 pm
Real or not i would still avoid being in the line of its view. There general pretty easy to bypass
Ah, yep. That's the one. I tried to avoid going near them but i didn't notice that one until i already got near it. They legit?
By
ppleater wrote:
11 Oct 2018, 7:33 pm
jaym wrote:
11 Oct 2018, 4:47 pm
Ah, yep. That's the one. I tried to avoid going near them but i didn't notice that one until i already got near it. They legit?
There legit mate, more and more sites are using them. Like Panic mentioned there will be a network of them that feedback via wi-fi. At the end of the day there only security cameras, footage will only get reviewed if they have a reason to review it. Like if scrappers come, vandals, alarms are triggered etc they will review footage to see who and what but if your just there for urbex and dont fuk s*** up they wont even notice you have been :)
By
By
wonder how hard they would be to hack and loop footage...
By
never die wondering ;)
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
Yeah they do, there are some higher spec configs but the v4000 seems to be the most popular in Adelaide at least.
We're going to make a call and get some detailed specs in form of a quote.
By
I've been trying to chase up the cameras on the v3000-4000-8000 as to what they are. I want to purchase a pair and test them out to see their abilities and deficiencies... As its becoming the norm in sa
never die wondering ;)
By
Either that or hire one unmonitored as you want it for a 24hrs site... Then test it haha
never die wondering ;)
By
I'm going to go with a phone call and can I please get the specs.
By
Just sent a request for a quote and info. Wait and see what happens!
By
By
Wander often. Wonder always.
By
I saw one of these the other day when I was walking my dog. It was situated inside a temporary fenced off area for a controversial old saw-toothed factory that's about to be knocked down.
It seemed to have PIR sensors attached to it, which must have been ranged wrong, as I triggered them from the public side of the fence. It triggered a local (very poor quality) siren.
I could also see that there was a camera attached to it. I think it was one of the ATF ones mentioned previously.
By
there are a number of different systems similar to this that are available these days, some are pretty awesome video quality, others are not (ranging from moving blurs to yes that's definitely joe bloggs)... these days most of them have their own sim card, and will upload footage to a control room... the control room WILL check the footage and decide if it's a person that has activated the camera or not, and if they deem it to be human, will send some kind of response... most of the time it is just local security (and the range of response and carefactor varies significantly from company to company), but sometimes it will be police... a lot of these also have accelerometers in them and will trigger a tamper alarm if you try to move them or pull them down... again the level of response to this will vary greatly... so you're basically playing russian roulette if you want to hang around on sites where these are located...
 Post a reply
Go