Login RegisterFAQ
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
So I have managed to pool a tonne of locations and as such have been keeping them in the new google map engine, not only does it allow me to keep different types of urban location in layers (Drains, Abandonments etc.), and also detail the markers with info on the places, but it's allowed me to map out some of the drains to some degree as well so i can remember where the good stuff is in them.

It got me thinking though, how do other people map their locations? do you just have a list of addresses or is there some cooler mapping program I'm missing out on?

Also how often do people share their maps? personally I've only shown friends and family and handed out single addresses to a few trusted people- but does anyone have a group collaborated map going on?
By
seltonejock wrote: Also how often do people share their maps? personally I've only shown friends and family and handed out single addresses to a few trusted people- but does anyone have a group collaborated map going on?
In the beginning a KML file was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
By
I imagine trying do this in bigger groups can be a hassle - in that case what's the deal with the UER site? does their location database even have much in it? I'm a basic member so I can't tell
By
Spoz wrote:
seltonejock wrote: In the beginning a KML file was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Hahaha!

I used to have that, and added lots, but somehow lost it.
Have my own file now with maps of all the stuff I've ever done.

When I stop under a grill and raise my phone for reception, I'm not checking Facebook - I'm mapping ;)
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
Ive got a refidex marked with all my research.
By
compiled maps including the famous .KMZ file (even tho it not always is accurate) and made one big map to which I split into Drains - Abandonments - Rooftops, Cranes and Other Cool Sh*t

added my own places and voila!

research via online and hearing things from locals also helps
Spades
By
We have created maps of all drains we've explored in Brisbane, about 20 so far with detailed info about entry and exits, distance, features etc... I can't take credit for them, my friend is the computer whizz who makes them. Be good to have a look at a few others somehow, just privately ..
By
I use the KMZ file but have found as much stuff from newspaper development stories and just passing by abandoned looking stuff.

Its funny that I live 5mins drive from the Dungeon and drive past the Great Stairway on the way to work every day but only "discovered" them after I looked at the KMZ file.
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
Spoz wrote: In the beginning a KML file was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
I see your sneaky Hitchiker's quote! :geek:
Europe was from my trip last month, we drove a fair bit, 14,000Km.
Australia I've filled a fair bit in Melbourne, Sydney and a few things in Brisbane. Really need to get down to Tasmania again, and map it this time,
I've started moving to Bing Maps, because they seem to have more updated satellite imagery, and not limited to 100 locations per page or whatever it is.
By
I use Google maps as its handy to have the measure distance tool as well as the historical sat photo overlays in the same program
By
just bought the spyglass app on my phone. you can mark locations, bearings, distances, and it's got a whole heaps of other features that I'm yet to work out how to use.
quis est qui nesciat historiam?
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
Ok so it has been aaaages since I first made this thread and I'll admit- i'm having a good laugh at the old newbie shenanigans :lol:

either way I highly recommend locus Pro for mapping as it keeps offline maps for areas of your choosing with kml overlays to boot- basically the only mapping tool i know to work without reception so it can come in handy for edits on the fly :mrgreen:
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
Barnz wrote:Ive got a refidex marked with all my research.

Best idea ever thank you I think I may use this one
By
Have fun while you can
IG Heassa_Urbex_Au
By
I had a map or two.
"Oh! That's YOUR web site!" ... "Yep, that one." http://www.uer.ca/urbanadventure/www.ur ... windex.htm
And read the damn Newbies FAQ and guide to writing a first post! viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4257&p=40693
By
Does anyone have any links to any of these maps or would be willing to share any of them?
By
Panic! wrote:
01 Aug 2018, 9:13 pm
I had a map or two.
Is your logo icon a car in a drain?
 Post a reply
Go