Login RegisterFAQ
The Catacombs (Australia)
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Morning all,

I am posting a question, who here has heard of or even been to, 'The Catacombs?' This place is located in Australia. I am chasing more pictures that will give me an idea on how to find it.

:)
-UrbexKitty
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
The only one's i have heard of are the one's in Paris
By
Google brought up stuff for the middle of the Nullabour Plain in South Australia... also a reddit page about something in Adelaide. Seems the Nullabour ones are caves which SA has plenty of
By
As far as i know from rumors there used to be one near central station in Sydney and was known as The Devonshire Street Cemetery it was relocated to prospect hill or somewhere near there when they built the station...i hear rumors of one in Brisbane but no one has ever been able to show me proof....if there is any...other than crypts i have been in...ive not seen any catacombs in person
By
Hmmm, that sounds pretty interesting, I need to pay a visit to the library I think!

However, let me rephrase. The place I’m looking for is more-so nicknamed “The Catacombs” but doesn’t have anything to do with death. It is apparently the remains of a quarry. I kept my original post vague due to not wanting to disclose location specifics in to much detail.
-UrbexKitty
By
PM sent
By
You say part of a quarry? Have you seen pics? There's a region of caves in sa called the catacombs and also an old mine in coober with a reference...
never die wondering ;)
By
If there is catacombs they would be apart of the oldest church or parliment house one would think
By
It's not a literal catacomb
Like Devour said it's just a nickname this location goes by other name also.
By
Any hint as to the state? I'm interested I haven't herd any reference to it before
never die wondering ;)
By
Without actually giving the location away, a quick google search will clear up a few questions..I’m hoping of going there this weekend to snag a few pictures for IG
-UrbexKitty
By
Those catacombs are right near where i want to go but been told there is no way in without a key though
By
I've found the location, can't find pics of the outside, but keep snooping you'll find it :)
never die wondering ;)
By
The Golbourne Darkie was once nicknamed the Catacombs, but probably not what you are after.
"Oh! That's YOUR web site!" ... "Yep, that one." http://www.uer.ca/urbanadventure/www.ur ... windex.htm
And read the damn Newbies FAQ and guide to writing a first post! viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4257&p=40693
By
Hi all, thanks for you replies however, we found the place! Very easy to get too and worth the drive! I put a few photos up on IG if your interested. Just search for Urbexkitty
-UrbexKitty
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
Short walk off the hwy ;)
never die wondering ;)
By
Devour wrote:
18 May 2018, 7:24 am
Hi all, thanks for you replies however, we found the place! Very easy to get too and worth the drive! I put a few photos up on IG if your interested. Just search for Urbexkitty
What ones are they on there?
By
Hi Devils,

I tagged you in the photos
-UrbexKitty
By
Thank you
By
That in NSW?
By
Yea mate.
-UrbexKitty
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
There are mentions of catacombs under Trinity college in Melbourne. I'll be renting out a book to this week to confirm this.
 Post a reply
Go