Login RegisterFAQ
A certain Island just off the Pacific H'way north of Sydney
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Hello everyone,

Not a newbie to this, my old account seem to be dead - mrbolano - so new handle.

I'm researching a photo trip up the Pacific h'way and want to stop in at Peat Island.

Does anyone have any experience with the guards there?

Are there guards?

Can you do a walk in?

Can't find many pics so am thinking it might be pretty secure.

Any info appreciated.

Cheers!
Always carry a tripod. They're useful for smacking down junkies & scrappers.
By
mrbolanoworld wrote:
12 Jan 2017, 5:31 pm
Hello everyone,

Not a newbie to this, my old account seem to be dead - mrbolano - so new handle.

I'm researching a photo trip up the Pacific h'way and want to stop in at Peat Island.

Does anyone have any experience with the guards there?

Are there guards?

Can you do a walk in?

Can't find many pics so am thinking it might be pretty secure.

Any info appreciated.

Cheers!
Peat Island surely? The little one to the left as you drive over the Hawkesbury after waiting in a traffic jam for a few hours? Seen it, didn't take much notice of it. Thanks to Google Maps I think I can say there's no gates, you can drive on to it, looks like modern houses. Does not look interesting other than being an island and therefor a brilliant spot to escape the zombie apocalypse.
"Oh! That's YOUR web site!" ... "Yep, that one." http://www.uer.ca/urbanadventure/www.ur ... windex.htm
And read the damn Newbies FAQ and guide to writing a first post! viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4257&p=40693
By
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
Only way out is via a boat or a quick sprint along the road thing, but it's very exposed. You can kind of slink along the side.

Guy in a golf buggy patrols it, but not very well. Very regular if you get my drift...
By
golf buggy. ha! Lazy bastard. Although that being said it must be a crappy job being security for these places.

Are buildings accessible or all boarded?

I haven't seen any photos about which usually means boarded
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
You can see my photos of the nurses quarters in a previous post which is on the mainland. If you walk down the main entrance road you will come to a tunnel to your right which takes you directly to them. If you walk further there is a guards house at the top of the hill. Which over looks the bridge to the island. If you have a kayak you can park at the carpark at Mooney northbound and paddle around to the back of the island.
Please don't ask where this is or how to get in, its called urban exploration. if you are told the location and how to get in, its tourism not exploration" :D
By
This is on my list so probably one to leave the kids at home for. @mrbolano I have seen heaps of photos from inside and around the buildings though. Might be time I invested in a kayak. A jet ski probably wouldn't go unnoticed, just not fair :)
By
Kmart sell inflatable ones that are surprisingly good for $15...
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
I have attempted entry and got stopped by security. He was a very friendly guy who said he would love to let us in but would lose his job. He just sits in his car and watches the site so I'm sure if you could manage to sneak by him you may be fine as I didn't see any cameras etc.
By
and yes you can easily check out the abandoned nurses quarters on the mainland without passing security. Then if you wander down there is a tunnel under the freeway that leads you to the entry to the island (and the security people too)
By
Is that the island they train instructors for nsw sport and rec ?
there is a old structure there which is quite fecking creapy at night :|
By
The island can be accessed via canoe quite easily. But everything is boarded up.
By
Nick wrote:
16 Feb 2017, 7:13 am
Kmart sell inflatable ones that are surprisingly good for $15...
1 man boat, 2 man submarine. :)
"Oh! That's YOUR web site!" ... "Yep, that one." http://www.uer.ca/urbanadventure/www.ur ... windex.htm
And read the damn Newbies FAQ and guide to writing a first post! viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4257&p=40693
 Post a reply
Go