Login RegisterFAQ
Fancy a road trip to Sydney?
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
A few of us have been bouncing around the idea of a newbies expo to help give new explorers a chance to meet and teach them the ropes. Mostly teach exploration skills and safety. This will also be a meet and greet to get to know one another.

So, we present the Newbies skill share expo for 10am Saturday March 18th. Meet in the car park at Anzac Bunkers, end of Fisherman's Road, Malabar, 33°57'51.31"S 151°15'18.32"E

This expo will be totally legal, we won't be doing anything illegal, or going into illegal sites. You can bring your mum to this expo (please don't unless she wants to get into UE). The expo will consist of a series of talks about basic UE techniques such as exploring drains and buildings, safety and so on. It will be interactive. We will be exploring the Malabar / Anzac bunkers site. You will get to ask questions, and if we know the answers we'll even answer them. There will be a large focus on exploring safely and responsibly, and meeting and greeting.
This expo is open to Newbies and experienced explorers. If you've not explored with people in Sydney before, this is a chance to come along and meet people, form networks and so on.

If all goes well the expo will be catered! Just sandwiches and juice. So if you're coming, please post post here so we know how many to cater for. I'm also hoping to print off pages with links to UE FAQs, guides and safety advice, so if you know of any material or Youtube videos that would be suitable, please add links here.

Most importantly, if you're an experienced explorer and would like to come down for the day to lend a hand and share your experience, please come. It will be pretty informal, sort of a big yarn session really. Although we will be doing exploring, and simulating a drain explore in the bunker tunnels so we can give advice like not shining torches in people's faces and not splashing water around. Finally, if you need transport, please advise. I will drive up the night before. I have 7 spare seats in my van. You may need to camp somewhere though.
"Oh! That's YOUR web site!" ... "Yep, that one." http://www.uer.ca/urbanadventure/www.ur ... windex.htm
And read the damn Newbies FAQ and guide to writing a first post! viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4257&p=40693