Login RegisterFAQ
Timon's Guest House meetup
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
Timon and I have discussed a working bee at the old house on the weekend of 28th and 29th of this month. The long weekend after Australia Day. Basically we'd be fixing broken stuff like the floor, roof, downpipes. Nothing strenuous or hard. And the main focus really would be a UE get together to get to known people.
So here's the deal:

The meetup will be the weekend of 28th and 29th of January. Rock up when you can. I'll probably get there about 10-11am Saturday.
It is 5-6 hours drive west of Sydney (closer to 5 than 6).
It is 6-7 hours drive north of Melbourne (closer to 6.5 than 7).
It is about 25 km from the nearest town.
You can camp overnight. You can sleep in the house if you want and have bedding.
I will bring a portable camp loo.
I can bring lunch for interested parties.
I can bring cold soft drinks for interested parties.
Depending on weather we might have a camp fire.
It is pretty much a meet and greet, overnight camp, do fun and constructive stuff in the house, share stories, take photos.
There won't be much UE stuff apart from the house. This is more about meeting people than exploring.
You would need to bring food, water, toiletries.

PM me for instructions on how to get there.
"Oh! That's YOUR web site!" ... "Yep, that one." http://www.uer.ca/urbanadventure/www.ur ... windex.htm
And read the damn Newbies FAQ and guide to writing a first post! viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4257&p=40693
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
For anybody who might be coming to this event, please do not park on the long grass, park on the track out the front of the house
i got a ear bashing from the farmer next door about the huge fire hazards, and how people should not be allowed in national parks lol.
But, once again it is in national park land open to the public, no laws are been broken visiting.
By
Sounds like fun! Thanks guys.
Hopefully I can come, but can't confirm until a few days before.
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
I feel like I'm missing something here, probably cause I've just come back after a few years away, but what is this 'house' you speak of?

All good! Found the thread. Excellent work! I look forward to seeing what you accomplished there.
Always carry a tripod. They're useful for smacking down junkies & scrappers.
By
So, anyone up for this?
"Oh! That's YOUR web site!" ... "Yep, that one." http://www.uer.ca/urbanadventure/www.ur ... windex.htm
And read the damn Newbies FAQ and guide to writing a first post! viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4257&p=40693
By
Nuggs might be he messaged me for the directions which i gave him, hopefully a few other people will come to!

I love how this also randomly falls on my birthday as well so.. it will end up been a bit of a party as well, nothing nuts but a good excuse for a party at the abandon house! Im all set for sleeping the night to, screw all the haters! its a park, its there to be used! lets have a good time!

If a few of you do want to come along let one of us know (Panic or i) and i could bring along a projector for movies if anyone is interested in that kind of thing.
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
Hey there, Me, Hidden world and Mirror will all be in attendance, shall get the co-ords of panic. Shall bring plenty of beer and meat for a party. Excited to meet you all.
Are you sure this is a good idea?
By
If anyone has uhf CB, we'll be monitoring channel 10 uhf, dedicated national park enthusiest channel (476.650)
By
Good stuff guys.
Unfortunately I'm right in the middle of moving house this weekend, so will not be able to attend sorry.

Anyway, am building a sweet collection of useful things to donate, and still looking forward to getting my hands dirty there sometime soon.

Cheers =)
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
Awwr sorry to hear that, we will make sure we get some pics to share with you!
Hopefully we will get the chance to catch up another time soon!
By
ALso the party is fancy dress, so feel free to wear real stupid s*** :P LOL
By
Timon wrote:
27 Jan 2017, 4:01 pm
ALso the party is fancy dress, so feel free to wear real stupid s*** :P LOL
Okay, I'll dress as a bogan..... shouldn't be too hard.
By
We're on our way now
By
ahhh so wish I could be a part of this work got in the way
By
Well, that was a really weird way to spend a bithday hahaha, specillay with the visit from npws ranger lady, twice!
reverse vandalism... confused the hell out of em!
By
Timon wrote:
29 Jan 2017, 12:41 pm
Well, that was a really weird way to spend a bithday hahaha, specillay with the visit from npws ranger lady, twice!
reverse vandalism... confused the hell out of em!
Wow, How did that go?
And HB!
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
Thankyou! And yeah it was pretty fun, i think the others enjoyed themselves! can't wait to see there pics when they have a change to upload em!
Good times! Think the next visit will be in cooler weather, but least the fan ran all night long on my lil inverter and deep cycle battery :D Woo!
By
Timon wrote:
29 Jan 2017, 6:47 pm
Thankyou! And yeah it was pretty fun, i think the others enjoyed themselves! can't wait to see there pics when they have a change to upload em!
Good times! Think the next visit will be in cooler weather, but least the fan ran all night long on my lil inverter and deep cycle battery :D Woo!
Cool!
How did things go with the ranger?
acually is nuggs
My Explores
By
3 Reply with quote Permalink
It was fun. Timon has a silver tongue and waxed lyrical about stuff so much she was glad to leave us there in the end. It was obvious that she realised the stuff in the house had to get there some how, and it was obvious that she figured it was us. But we blamed "Sydney explorers" :)
Anyway, I rocked up about 12:30 and had the chat with a farmer and ranger and pointed out that we were not there for trouble, were not setting fires, and were just there to celebrate a birthday. We offered to help fix the roof but they declined. We promised not to damage the historical house and was steadfastly told it was not historical. We were offered that if we were to burn the house down that would be okay, as long as we did not burn down sorrounding farms. Yep, the locals don't like that house being there and obviously wanted to get rid of it and were not happy we wanted to do it up.
I think they figured out that we were "mostly harmless" so they left.
We set up a few bits and peices and about an hour later Enternamehere, Hidden_world and Mirror turned up. We did intros, chatted, chinwagged, modified the lighting system, cooked dinner on my little camp stove (thank you guys for the food), chatted and chinwagged more. Timon set up a projector and the others watched TV while I retired to my spare bedroom on wheels. It was bloody hot so it was hard to sleep but I managed some.
In the morning we had bacon and hashbrowns for breakfast. We installed a security camera to help stop those vandals the national parks are so concerned about. Did some more explores Sunday but as I'm stuffed (drove over 800 kms on the weekend) I'll leave it for some one else to enter the details. I'll upload some photos later.
By
5 Reply with quote Permalink
the first time the ranger came, i think i bored her half to death with all my wildlife talking and such, we spoke about various things
like fox baiting, shooting, trapping etc, how 1080 bait is bad and how cruel it is cause its a blood thinner, the gps tracking program the parks are doing with tagged foxes atm which she did not know about, many many many things.. i swear we spoke for easily over an hour.. she even gave me her business card! How nice was that! haha
 Post a reply
Go