Login RegisterFAQ
Illawarra Coke Works
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Gday

I was looking at the Coke Works in Corrimal and Coal Cliff and wondering if anyone had pictures or new if you could get to the top of the stacks

Clay
By
4 Reply with quote Permalink
Nope can't be done

Hood Rich
By
Train in shot even! I got spooked by a train horn then as i got to the top of the road noticed the rail workers.. bailed
By
We slept in the office building and they were doing rail works on the line in the morning when we woke up.

The other stacks you can open and make talk like big concrete cantilevered muppets.
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
Thanks for the pic of that. There's workers practically every day.

Also that hill is deceptively rugged. You'll need climbing gear and lots of food+water as it is a series of cliffs that form part of the escarpment hidden in the bush. Even if you got down there it will be pretty impossible getting back up. You'll literally be stuck for more than a day if doing this way not to mention getting spotted by the workers. But there are a couple of nice waterfalls there.

I'm just saying here in case you had that idea.
Just a harmless explorer. No need to waste taxes checking me ;)
By
Last I heard there was pretty heavy security?
By
alex0000 wrote:Last I heard there was pretty heavy security?
Old photo circa sept 2015
Just a harmless explorer. No need to waste taxes checking me ;)
By
Easiest place to access in the Illawarra. 200m walk from the northern train station

No security unless theres trackwork :D
By
So is that image of the cokeworks?
By
You can climb the one of the stacks at Corrimal coke works. Just have to climb over or squeeze through the bars that block access to the ladder.
By
jas wrote:Easiest place to access in the Illawarra. 200m walk from the northern train station

Was there on new years. Just as i was about to cross a security ute drove in so I had to quickly get out. Not sure if he saw me.

No workers or trackwork afaik.

Too old for this sort of running around.
By
ultraviolet wrote:
03 Jan 2017, 8:13 am
jas wrote:Easiest place to access in the Illawarra. 200m walk from the northern train station

Was there on new years. Just as i was about to cross a security ute drove in so I had to quickly get out. Not sure if he saw me.

Sometimes theres a ute parked there w ith no one in it. I think its just to scare people away. Been up the tower multiple times and havnt been chased
By
jas wrote:
25 Jan 2017, 9:46 am
ultraviolet wrote:
03 Jan 2017, 8:13 am

Sometimes theres a ute parked there w ith no one in it. I think its just to scare people away. Been up the tower multiple times and havnt been chased
As i mentioned before in another thread i have a pic of the guy stepping out of the ute. But due to privacy reasons I won't be sharing it.

I only mentioned this just so you are aware and not to become complacent.
 Post a reply
Go