Login RegisterFAQ
Brisbane/ Gold Coast Tunnels & Abandoned Places - Page 2
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Nmcgregor wrote:I understand those who are not open to change. But those who are (& I've already been contacted by several), DM & I'm happy to meet in person to discuss. This is NOT trolling, this is legit, remember even explorers where paid back in the day.
Umm they weren't urban explorers. You've made your point and we're just getting tired of it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SeUPJ8Latc
Just a harmless explorer. No need to waste taxes checking me ;)
By
They were not urban explorers, but they where explorers & in that era they were of the same breed as the urban explorers today. We all should be proud of that.
By
Nmcgregor wrote:They were not urban explorers, but they where explorers & in that era they were of the same breed as the urban explorers today. We all should be proud of that.
Uh, not really. Explorers worked for great financial rewards, we do it for the hobby, often for great financial deficits. We explore places that have previously been inhabited, they look for land which hasn't (or at least that is the intention). They demanded great navigational and sailing skills, which some would claim are practical skills, while our skills lie in photography and methods of infiltration. Explorers and urban explorers are completely different; just because they share a single word in their titles does not mean they are similar. A mechanic and a quantum mechanist aren't remotely similar, same goes here.
"...we create alternative pathways, little fragments of possibility."
http://www.flickr.com/photos/phytrix/
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
I'm more a Livingstone than a Columbus, in my honest opinion.
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
No+Pro wrote:Aahh where were you brave, selfless location preservers when this one was under fire?
I'm sure youse could have convinced woolies not to knock it down for a coupla thousand a years worth of filum shoots. Definitely worth more than a Supermarkesters and gym to them
I was thinking the same thing.
Just a harmless explorer. No need to waste taxes checking me ;)
By
Let's look to the future & prevent this happening again.
By
phytrix wrote:So essentially you want to gather a database of locations in order to sell them off to movie producers, hence locking the site down for a considerable period during filming? And from there, you claim the council wants to help protect these places, or do you just mean the council will give these producers legal access in exchange for a sum of money?

Sounds dodgy to me. You're in it for your own professional interests, nothing more.
+1
Nmcgregor's idea smacks of self-interest and self-commercial gain.
Given that many URBEX sites have authorities/owners are unaware that the site is being explored, this idea would not just result in the sites being locked down for filming, but would result in the sites being locked down permanently. Very bad news for explorers.
By
3 Reply with quote Permalink
Nmcgregor wrote:Let's look to the future & prevent this happening again.
you're still here, huh?
will be interesting to see how your little experiment plays out, i hope for the sake of people who get something (i don't mean monetarily) out of this little hobby of ours it doesn't turn out the way that pretty much everyone here except you (granted, and a couple of others) thinks it will
By
Hi Guys,

I visited a location recently broadcast far and wide by Niel McGreggor supplied to Screen QLD who listed full details etc online and made it very easy to find; and blow me down it's been vandalized good and proper!

While the vandalism by explorers cannot be directly attributed to Neil, the attitude of paid explorers from old times frankly is inline with all the people you learn about in history forging new worlds, screwing over the locals and everyone in their way for ego and riches.

Sadly this isn't the first time Neil has broadcast locations otherwise requested to remain secret and I personally Doubt it will be the last.

I'm just a 20 year veteran explorer throughout Australia and overseas however leaking locations online leading to loss let alone selling out locations is frankly a ban-able offence in my books.

Cranky
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
Agreed with India ,,,,the place was a mess and has heightened security as of late .. Thumbs down for these guys ..
By
No+Pro wrote:Aahh where were you brave, selfless location preservers when this one was under fire?
I'm sure youse could have convinced woolies not to knock it down for a coupla thousand a years worth of filum shoots. Definitely worth more than a Supermarkesters and gym to them
Where abouts is this, is it still standing ?
By
Brodes wrote:
it is here
-27.408483, 152.993808
are you going to help the above douche-canoe save this one too?
By
No+Pro wrote:
Brodes wrote:
it is here
-27.408483, 152.993808
is this a Woolworth now ... :( or what is it now as me and my friend are keen to explore it ?
By
Brodes wrote:
No+Pro wrote:
Brodes wrote:
it is here
-27.408483, 152.993808
is this a Woolworth now ... :( or what is it now as me and my friend are keen to explore it ?
Unless you have a time travelling machine theres nothing to explore there now.
By
Hi i have several locations (abandoned buildings in the brisbane area) willing to share with anyone who has any locations in the Brisbane area :lol:
By
Brisbex_Kings1 wrote:Hi i have several locations (abandoned buildings in the brisbane area) willing to share with anyone who has any locations in the Brisbane area :lol:
Sharing spots with random people isn't a good idea, especially if they aren't already incredibly trashed.
By
Dud
 Post a reply
Go