Login RegisterFAQ
show around sydney tonight
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
Hey guys,
Is anyone keen on coming out and showing some local secrets of Sydney cbd?
We are in the city at the moment and after someone who knows a thing or two. Want to take some snaps.
22/M if that matters.

\let the hate comments roll in
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
I would indulge you with a 'hate comment' but to be honest not sure what to write. Not like you made your account yesterday and this is your first post. Good luck with finding someone :)
Wander often. Wonder always.
By
Echo wrote:I would indulge you with a 'hate comment' but to be honest not sure what to write. Not like you made your account yesterday and this is your first post. Good luck with finding someone :)
Thanks for sparing the hate comment haha
By
cant do tonight but would be interested anytime you are free in the future
Are you sure this is a good idea?
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
I've little experience/enthusiasm with CBD rooftops/stuff but know a bit about abandos and I was near the CBD today checking a few before they get demolished. Also was checking some trees before they get chopped lol! I like to think of myself more of a local historian who does a bit of urbex on the side - boring I know. CBD is just too red hot these days.

Too bad I missed your message - would be good for a catch up even if I can't give you what you want :(

And it would have been even better if you attended the last expo.
Just a harmless explorer. No need to waste taxes checking me ;)
By
theedge wrote:I've little experience/enthusiasm with CBD rooftops/stuff but know a bit about abandos and I was near the CBD today checking a few before they get demolished. Also was checking some trees before they get chopped lol! I like to think of myself more of a local historian who does a bit of urbex on the side - boring I know. CBD is just too red hot these days.

Too bad I missed your message - would be good for a catch up even if I can't give you what you want :(

And it would have been even better if you attended the last expo.
Damn i didnt even realise there was an expo. I would of been down for that.
What kind of abandoned buildings do you check out? Im always keen for some abanonded buildings.
By
enternamehere wrote:cant do tonight but would be interested anytime you are free in the future
Send me a pm and we can organise something
By
Hi all! I'm in Manly right now and would love to check out the Dunlop Slazenger Factory today!! Anyone keen for a meet up?
-UrbexKitty
By
Devour wrote:Hi all! I'm in Manly right now and would love to check out the Dunlop Slazenger Factory today!! Anyone keen for a meet up?
Get out of here devour
By
2 Reply with quote Permalink
So Scott, I'm guessing from your rudeness, your not keen for an Urbex meet up? Ok well that's fine! Next time, perhaps a 'nah man, today's not a good time..' or something along those lines is a little less direct. But also, perhaps next time I could word my reply a little less thread hijack and more an offer to meet up. So here goes, Hi Scott! I'm in Manly for the week and would love to do an Urbex around Alexandria, are you keen? (Is that better?). On an update however, that offer is a little pointless as I'm here now and it looks like they are doing some work. (Might still get in a look around a bit me thinks..)
-UrbexKitty
By
Okay.

Scott has just asked to meet up although a bit specific and last minute and did not go asking for spots so he can do them himself and avoiding contact unlike a few that I know here who I won't mention.

Such as "I remember coming here but can't pinpoint it, could you confirm!" Or "where is this place, is it still accessible" etc...

And on meeting it is up to you to select the spots to do.

I think everyone should just take a kool aid.
By
Devour wrote:So Scott, I'm guessing from your rudeness, your not keen for an Urbex meet up? Ok well that's fine! Next time, perhaps a 'nah man, today's not a good time..' or something along those lines is a little less direct. But also, perhaps next time I could word my reply a little less thread hijack and more an offer to meet up. So here goes, Hi Scott! I'm in Manly for the week and would love to do an Urbex around Alexandria, are you keen? (Is that better?). On an update however, that offer is a little pointless as I'm here now and it looks like they are doing some work. (Might still get in a look around a bit me thinks..)
Thanks Devour for the lesson. Ive done alexandria and last time i was there it was a construction site. Judging the last time i was there, i am assuming it is far from an abandoned site and more of a development now. Sorry if you took that the wrong way, but ive come across members on here trolling the fk out of people using that very abandoned site.
By
Hi Scott. No lesson mate. Just your reply got my quills up. My post was definitely genuine but I wasn't aware of the fact that it was currently getting worked on. Yes I did see the occasional google thread stating that but who knows what to believe hey. However, I can confirm, the factory is being worked on and definitely no abando. :(
I spent about an hour poking around the outside looking for a sneaky way in but alas, the smell of cheap beef noodles was thick in the air. So I decided to gather my belongings and traverse to another location. Along the way, I found the White Bay Power Station, holy smokes, talk about an erection...shame really, to waste an erection but the security presence soon made me well and truly flaccid. Oh well, maybe a night time excursion perhaps? Anyway mate, I apologise for any hard feelings and put this to you, if you ever are keen for an Urbex, hit me up. (I haven't done any places in Sydney) I may live in Orange but I'm always keen for a drive. (Work permitting of course)
Until next time,
-UrbexKitty
By
anyone free tonight maybe? or over the weekend?
Keen for someone to show me some places to explore
By
Might be better to post in the sydney random meetup thread so people get notified when you are around. Wasn't free last weekend so maybe next time when you let us know.

Another thing is most of the sydney urbex "kids" that I followed have gone offline or are doing more "legit" stuff. One even said he has given up after being caught too many times by police. Hmmm.
By
theedge wrote:Might be better to post in the sydney random meetup thread so people get notified when you are around. Wasn't free last weekend so maybe next time when you let us know.

Another thing is most of the sydney urbex "kids" that I followed have gone offline or are doing more "legit" stuff. One even said he has given up after being caught too many times by police. Hmmm.
Yeah not too suprised by that. Definately been a crack down over the last few years regarding this type of stuff.
 Post a reply
Go