Login RegisterFAQ
Light Painting Tips & Tools
By
0 Reply with quote Permalink
So I have just gotten into light painting over the last little while and have gotten a few good shots and have some tips on a tool that I haven't seen elsewhere.

So a pretty basic setup for some fun long exposures and light painting. I use sparklers for urban stuff around like staircases and the like. The rope I use to do both the fire spinning and orbs. For fire spinning I hit up Daiso and found everything I need for cheap as you would expect. As for the orbs I use this lantern torch thing from kmart that I attach to the end of the rope, it has two brightness settings as well as a flashing mode. It is really great and a lot cleaner than a diy solution. It does only have the white colour but I ordered some gels that should fit over it and change the colour but I am going to go and get another one and see if it is possible to swap out the led.

Here are some shots from the first few outings
Classic Sparkler
Orb under a tree
A slightly better orb
FIre Spinning that almost started a fire
Rooftop Carpark Fire Spin
More Sparklers feat. my camera
Kids need to stop lighting things on fire or I'm gonna get arrested.
By
Rooftop wool spinning seems like a recipe for disaster. Lol.
Subscribe to my journal to see random exploration photos.
Where are the cat emoticons?
By
1 Reply with quote Permalink
Midget wrote:Rooftop wool spinning seems like a recipe for disaster. Lol.
We did run into a cop when we left but we were only in the wintergarden carpark so we didn't have any issues. He actually complimented the photo too haha.
But I do agree that a rooftop that isn't publicly accessible would be a terrible idea.
Kids need to stop lighting things on fire or I'm gonna get arrested.
By
GreyArea wrote:
Midget wrote:Rooftop wool spinning seems like a recipe for disaster. Lol.
We did run into a cop when we left but we were only in the wintergarden carpark so we didn't have any issues. He actually complimented the photo too haha.
But I do agree that a rooftop that isn't publicly accessible would be a terrible idea.
Oh fair enough, I thought you were on a rooftop... LOL That would be very bad indeed. Hahaha. Nice.
Subscribe to my journal to see random exploration photos.
Where are the cat emoticons?
 Post a reply
Go